taking it to the street with a FLASH

N

Nuteshack

dealing with harsh summer sun and difficult shadows -> fora little more POP and subject seperation consider your flash:cool:

@f5, shot in manual, spot mettered utilizing a method Gordon posted here sometime last year:biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful shot and lovely girl....... I am new on this board but I have been reading here for a while. I would like to know what method you used to spot focus. I am having a hard time in harsh sunlight. I tried using flash but was not succesful.

Arnie

dealing with harsh summer sun and difficult shadows -> fora little more POP and subject seperation consider your flash:cool:

@f5, shot in manual, spot mettered utilizing a method Gordon posted here sometime last year:biggrin:
Would you (anyone) happen to have a link to Gordon's tutorial for perfectly exposed flash fill shots for harsh outdoors? I thought I had bookmarked it but cannot seem to find it anymore. Thanks in advance.

Would you (anyone) happen to have a link to Gordon's tutorial for perfectly exposed flash fill shots for harsh outdoors? I thought I had bookmarked it but cannot seem to find it anymore. Thanks in advance.
Many members have found this thread to be very helpful when learning to use flash effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
You using a flash... never thought I'd see the day :tongue: just kidding. Very nice shot! Well done! Must be nice to have all those lovely models at your side. Some guys have all the luck :rolleyes::smile:

I don't know how I've been here this long and never ran across Gordon's flash tutorial... I'm a set it on TTL and leave it kinda guy so this will help me get out of my comfort zone.

N

Nuteshack

Excellent and this method really made the subject pop. Well done.
ty, and many thanks to one of my most excellent mentors:Angel:you've not only been a gracous moral support in this, the most difficult time of my life but your words and instruction have severely inhanced my photog skills....blessings:smile::smile:

Hi Nute... This is a really great shot.... So lucky to have such lovely models who are willing and available. I noticed by the EXIF data it was shot at ~70mm, just wondering if you used your 35-70 for this shot...

N

Nuteshack

Hi Nute... This is a really great shot.... So lucky to have such lovely models who are willing and available. I noticed by the EXIF data it was shot at ~70mm, just wondering if you used your 35-70 for this shot...

thanks much Wally ...yes sir, deed was done with the 35-70 2.8d (the wee little beastly lens), my favorite chunk of glass:smile:

N

Nuteshack

You using a flash... never thought I'd see the day :tongue: just kidding. Very nice shot! Well done! Must be nice to have all those lovely models at your side. Some guys have all the luck :rolleyes::smile:

I don't know how I've been here this long and never ran across Gordon's flash tutorial... I'm a set it on TTL and leave it kinda guy so this will help me get out of my comfort zone.
lol Brian ...yup, i backslid ...lol
:rolleyes:
...thanks for the kind words, but your wife is absolutely georgous and we haven't seen near enough of her:biggrin:

lol Brian ...yup, i backslid ...lol
:rolleyes:
...thanks for the kind words, but your wife is absolutely georgous and we haven't seen near enough of her:biggrin:
Backslid... thanks for the laugh... very funny :biggrin::biggrin:

You're right, she is beautiful... I'm slipping these days and 'mommy' is in the last month of pregnancy and not feeling comfortable enough to smile for pictures very often. :rolleyes: Thanks for your compliments though. :wink:

N

Nuteshack

well, having justa little experience at this (8 kids), this is where they kinda lose the "glow" and get the "go"...so, u might be reduced to candids, as in -> shot her when she's not lookin ..lol

d50, fast glass and auto iso:cool:
:smile:

Hey Nute, very nice use of the flash indeed - great smile, great kid - however, if I may say something, you might either want to check your WB, which seems to be a little on the warm side and/or (if you don't want to change the overall WB look) consider to whiten her teeth a little... with such a great smile, the pinkish teeth really are a pity in the overall beauty of the image :smile: just my .02! thanks for sharing,

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom