taking it to the street with a FLASH

Discussion in 'People' started by Nuteshack, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

dealing with harsh summer sun and difficult shadows -> fora little more POP and subject seperation consider your flash:cool:

@f5, shot in manual, spot mettered utilizing a method Gordon posted here sometime last year:biggrin:

526754453_36dfbc9793_o.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good
    Beautiful girl and image

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ty Gale ....;-))

4. Excellent and this method really made the subject pop. Well done.

5. Great shot and your right, it really does POP !

6. Beautiful shot and lovely girl....... I am new on this board but I have been reading here for a while. I would like to know what method you used to spot focus. I am having a hard time in harsh sunlight. I tried using flash but was not succesful.

Arnie

7. Good idea and great result.
    Roy

8. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Would you (anyone) happen to have a link to Gordon's tutorial for perfectly exposed flash fill shots for harsh outdoors? I thought I had bookmarked it but cannot seem to find it anymore. Thanks in advance.

9. Many members have found this thread to be very helpful when learning to use flash effectively.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. You using a flash... never thought I'd see the day :tongue: just kidding. Very nice shot! Well done! Must be nice to have all those lovely models at your side. Some guys have all the luck :rolleyes::smile:

I don't know how I've been here this long and never ran across Gordon's flash tutorial... I'm a set it on TTL and leave it kinda guy so this will help me get out of my comfort zone.

11. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Thanks Gordon!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ty, and many thanks to one of my most excellent mentors:Angel:you've not only been a gracous moral support in this, the most difficult time of my life but your words and instruction have severely inhanced my photog skills....blessings:smile::smile:

13. Hi Nute... This is a really great shot.... So lucky to have such lovely models who are willing and available. I noticed by the EXIF data it was shot at ~70mm, just wondering if you used your 35-70 for this shot...

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks much Wally ...yes sir, deed was done with the 35-70 2.8d (the wee little beastly lens), my favorite chunk of glass:smile:

15. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol Brian ...yup, i backslid ...lol
    :rolleyes:
    ...thanks for the kind words, but your wife is absolutely georgous and we haven't seen near enough of her:biggrin:

16. Backslid... thanks for the laugh... very funny :biggrin::biggrin:

You're right, she is beautiful... I'm slipping these days and 'mommy' is in the last month of pregnancy and not feeling comfortable enough to smile for pictures very often. :rolleyes: Thanks for your compliments though. :wink:

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

well, having justa little experience at this (8 kids), this is where they kinda lose the "glow" and get the "go"...so, u might be reduced to candids, as in -> shot her when she's not lookin ..lol

d50, fast glass and auto iso:cool:
    :smile:

18. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    In a word.......beautiful. On par with your natural light work.

19. Hey Nute, very nice use of the flash indeed - great smile, great kid - however, if I may say something, you might either want to check your WB, which seems to be a little on the warm side and/or (if you don't want to change the overall WB look) consider to whiten her teeth a little... with such a great smile, the pinkish teeth really are a pity in the overall beauty of the image :smile: just my .02! thanks for sharing,

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Frede:smile: