Tale of two nieces

having no kids of my own(yet) I love spending time with my siblings kids. Both my brother and sister have two girls. Julia and Jillian are just a few montsh apart in age but you can tell from the pictures that they are very different.

Jillian
20176571-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20176572-L.jpg

and Julia

20178101-L.jpg

20176570-L.jpg

Looks like that Jillian is a real go-getter on the field. Julia on the other hand appears to be much more reserved (that was always me!). You've not only captured great shots, but obviously you know your subjects well enough to catch their personality as well. I'm sure their parents will love these frozen memories. BTW, i just love shots of kids....mine or anyones! Good job.

I like number one the best as well. Exposure was probably tough that day, but you did a great job exposing her face even with the high contrast from the sun. I also like the action of that shot!

Thnxs for taking the time to look everyone. DavidM You sure were right about the harsh sun. Getting the exposure was more a matter of having a good camera than me knowing how to get it. I have spent hours reading Ron's ebook and studying histograms and all I get is a headache.

Nice shots, especially given the harsh lighting condition. Adorable and great fun. First two are best.

FYI, this is part of the reason why I decided to upgrade to DSLR (from a prosumer compact).

Thanks for sharing...

_Man_

Thnxs everyone once again it is great to find a place where all photography is welcomed and not just fine art. Man-Fai I know what you mean I started with the a Coolpix and now I will go broke from this hobby..

P.S. These shots were taken on consectutive days under almost teh same conditions. The first two was with a Nikon 70-200mmVR and the
second was with the Bigma. I think I am going to haev to shell out some bucks for a long Nikon lens..

Latest threads

Top Bottom