Talk about a nice guy

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Louis Champan, Jul 19, 2005.

1. After reading my post on wanting a 70-200VR, I get an email inviting me out to Juanita Bay in Kirkland, Washington to try his 7-200VR out for a few hours.

And who is this guy, non other than Bill Dewey. Needless to say, the lens is everything and more then what I've heard from everyone. Upon parting that thanked Bill and told him he just cost me $1600 bucks.

A huge thank you, Bill.

2. ckdamascus

ckdamascus

May 14, 2005
    New Jersey
    So how is he a nice guy for helping you spend $1600 dollars? (well, you will get a $150 dollar rebate though in about a month!)

:)

That was very nice of him though!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I second that thought! Bill Dewey IS a nice guy! And I've got the documentation to prove it!

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Yep. He's a keeper thats for sure.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Louis, That $1600 was spent very wisely, contrary to what my wife may tell you!!

You'll love it, and I'll say I told you so!!

Congrats...

6. Aw, gosh, golly, gee......

:oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: :wink: :oops: :oops:
    Youse Guiysis is emBARassing me :oops: :oops: :oops:

In order of preference:

1. Getting someone else to spend theirmoney buying something for me
    2. Gettting "permission" to spend my own money on me :wink:
    3. Helping someone else spend there own money, the more the merrier :lol:

So far the last few months it has all been #3.

Thanks, Louis, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I am very glad that it was of help. I think you should post one of those Kingfisher shots, that was pretty darned good for your first go with that lens on those little fast fliers.

In all seriousness, I think this is exactly why we have a place such as the Cafe. I can't name all of the folks here who have very unselfishly helped me, both in person and via the net, with advice, equipment to test and just plain old support. Some I have had the pleaure to meet, Rory/Jim Thiel/Ron R/Andreas B/Paul "Monty Dog" to name a few. Many others such as Harris, Frank, Janet, Patrick, Doug Barber, Yves "Boobie Joe", Gale, Jim Fenton, oh, crap, I've started and I'm now just going to say EVERYBODY else because you ALL help tremendously. When I have the opportunity to return a bit of what I have gotten it really is my way to "return the favor". While I hated the ending of the movie "Pay it Forward", I really like the notion.

My word, that all sounds quite serious, doesn't it? But it is the attitude that permeates the Cafe and doggoneit, I'm going to do my best to keep it that :lol:

Thanks, all.

Now, Louis, get out there and post some images :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. God! After this post, Bill will never be able to fit thru a doorway... :D

Hate to admit it, he's a nice guy! 8)

8. Not a problem, Harris, I only use 'Double-Doors" these days :lol: :lol: And wear a "Wide Load" sign....

9. I'm told I will receive my new 70-200VR via UPS by tomorrow afternoon. Just in time for the weekend if everything holds true. After seeing what this lens can do, I'm excited about getting it and anxious to get out there start using it.

And thanks Bill for your words of encouragement on the Kingfisher shot, he was coming at us pretty fast. I'll try to figure out how to post it.

10. I think you will be very happy with it. I just sent you a PM re: posting images, let me know if you need any other help.

Bill "Mr. Nice Guy" Dewey...... :wink: