talk about cool...

D

dbirdsong

I got a call from the Motor City Mechanics (United Hockey League, Minor Pro Hockey) today asking me to pick out 1 picture of 3 different players and print 8x10 prints of each of the 3 guys and drop them off them asap so they can be FedEx'ed to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.
How cool is that, I am going to have 3 photos hanging in the Hockey Hall of Fame!!
So a road trip to Toronto is on the list of things to do this summer.
This on top of 2 pictures being published this month in Inspire your World Magazine too.
I am geeked!
Dave

Congratulations Dave....way to go. I can only imagine how great it must feel to know your pictures will be viewed by the crowds that visit the Hall of Fame. Very nice honor!!!

Holy Cow!!! Dave, talk about freeky, I just got an e-mail from Nikon telling me that I won their Grand Prize for Editor's Choice for the Month of June. The winning images are on the www.nikonnet.com site. I have won so very few things in my life and I entered this contest thinking that there is "no way" I'm going to win amongst a world of shooters...I am thrilled and truly humbled.

Congrats Frank,

Its an excellent shot. Whats the context on the picture? Is it a local team that family or friends are on or is it your passion ? I reviewed your PBASE images and you have a lot of good action shots.

thanks
Doug

Hi Doug... I began shooting youth sports a couple of years ago when a friend's son was playing baseball in a local tourney. I quickly became addicted and began shooting every friend's kid playing whatever sport they played. Since then, I have switched to digital and purchased some great glass. I hope to shoot full-time when I retire in about 3 1/2 years. I have been involved in various functions in my lifetime but photography has totally consumed me and I am passionate about the fine art that it is. There is something "holistic" in knowing that a youth athlete will have images of himself/herself forever playing the game that they love so much. I envision them showing their children and great-grandchildren the images depicting their childhood days. The ballplayer in the winning image plays for a nearby high school and I caught him sliding back into first base because my friend's son was the first baseman. I don't know is name, but I did bring a print to his coach for him to have.
Thanks again for the kudos and for taking a look at my pbase site. I appreciate it very much.

Congratulations Dave and Frank! Good work by both of you. Dave, you'll love Toronto, great city, lots of things to do and photograph. Let me know when you're planning on comin' on up and I'll set aside some time to show you some good spots to shoot.

J

jkamphof

Congrats to both of you! That IS really cool, well done!!

Joel.

D

dbirdsong

Ken-L said:
3 photos hanging in the Hockey Hall of Fame!!

Great news, can you show us the photos?

Sure.

MCM032305_98_filtered.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MCM020605_204.jpg

Blair Manning

MCM021605_7.jpg

MCM032305_105_filtered.jpg

Rod Branch

MCM020605_19.jpg

Kevin Hanson

MCM020605_204.jpg

Joe Burton

D

dbirdsong

eng45ine said:
Holy Cow!!! Dave, talk about freeky, I just got an e-mail from Nikon telling me that I won their Grand Prize for Editor's Choice for the Month of June. The winning images are on the www.nikonnet.com site. I have won so very few things in my life and I entered this contest thinking that there is "no way" I'm going to win amongst a world of shooters...I am thrilled and truly humbled.

Very cool news... Nice photo..

Congrats, Dave and Frank! Hey, Dave, those were so good you posted them 3 times, eh :?: :?: :?: :?: :wink:

Really grand stuff.

D

dbirdsong

Retief said:
Congrats, Dave and Frank! Hey, Dave, those were so good you posted them 3 times, eh :?: :?: :?: :?: :wink:

Really grand stuff.

Strange, it kept telling me that the page failed to load... Sorry about that guys.

dbirdsong said:
Retief said:

Really grand stuff.

Strange, it kept telling me that the page failed to load... Sorry about that guys.

No worries, you OUGHT to be proud of them :wink: :!:

That is one of the things that just drives me crazy about the web. What I have started doing, in order to combat this, is to do a "select all and copy" of my text when that happens and then open a new browser window to see if my post actually happened. If not, I try again, but most often it just "looked like" it didn't work. I see this on all sorts of web pages, it is certainly not a Cafe issue, but a general 'Net Nit.

Latest threads

Top Bottom