Talk to me about the Nikon 105 mm 2.8 D Micro lens, please

Real Name
Carl
Years ago, I had a 105 2.8 non-micro lens. > I strongly disliked that lens! Its little attached hood was always getting crooked, and drooping into the coverage area. I sold it, and have not missed it. Lately, I have been reading about the later af lenses, and see they can be had used for a reasonable price. I now have and use the Tokina 100 mm Pro f/2.8 lens, which, I find despite the loud praises of the Angry Photographer, Ken Rockwell, and others, is an "adequate" lens. So, opinions, please...will I be anything ahead, selling my Tokina and buying the Micro Nikon 105 F/ 2.8 D lens?
Thanx :)

Why not go all the way...with the Nikkor 105 f1.4....it´s X-mas soon.....getting it now means there `s just enough time to become familiar with it and enable you to take Great photo´s of that tree , with Superb out of focus rendition.....you know you wants it...that Precious magic glass...(y)

@ Nikoneer: he wants a micro lens

If you do not need VR vibration protection, stay with your Tokina 100.
Otherwise, look around for a used Nikkor 2.8 / 105 VR, built until 2009 and still "made in Japan".

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I used the 105 D for years and LOVED it! However, the lens is very old....so don't know if the focus motor would be a concern or not. Sharpness, etc are very, very close to the current VR version. (The current 105 VR micro is excellent! And there is one available in our Buy & Sell forum....for a very reasonable price!)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom