Tall Ships in Bellingham, WA

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Carole, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    We are supposed to have two tall ships here this weekend. Of course, we are also supposed to have rain. Maybe the gods of photography will let us have a wee bit of sun tomorrow. One of the ships is doing a sunset cruise, so I'm going to go down to the docks and see if I can get some shots of the ship leaving the harbor. I hope they have the sails up :) 

Carole

2. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Well, it was overcast and cloudy, but I managed to get a few good shots of the tall ships. I lucked out as the Alaskan ferry was leaving for AK this evening at the same time, so I got the shot of the ferry with the tall ship.

If the first one looks familiar, it's because the ship was in a number of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. She was also in Star Trek: Generations.

Carole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. carole,
    those are both great shots
    i'd love to see them even larger
    very well done

4. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    How large can we post on here? On other forums, I've always been told to keep images down to 600 pixels on the largest side. I don't want people to have to scroll back and forth to see the photos.

Carole

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I believe the upper limit here is 900px, any bigger and the Cafe will auto resize.

Nice shots by the way, the tall ships are beautfiul out on the water.

6. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Thanks, Robert. I took those from the shore with my 70-300 :smile: I love that lens :smile:

Carole

7. WOW! Love those ships! I've been on the Golden Hind before. What name does the tall ship go by? Is that the EnDeaver?

8. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    No, they are the Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain. The Lady Washington is the one on her own, and the Hawaiian Chieftain is the one with the Alaskan ferry.

I did some playing with the shot of the Lady Washington this morning :) 

[​IMG]

9. I like it! The sepia gives it a real antique look! i've always loved sailing vessels! Pretty ship period!

10. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Carole,

love the way the shot looks now. Dianne is right - looks antique.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.