1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Talles of the Woods (1)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Arthur Plottier, Aug 29, 2008.

1. This image is a capture of a very small part in the bark of a Paperbark tree in the coast of Queensland, Asutralia.
    I put the number 1 on the thread name becaus e Tales of the Woods is a serie of images with details in the bark of trees.
    I am looking forward for your comments
    The images are not abstracts
    Cheers
    Arthur
    [​IMG]

2. arthur,
    great thread
    awesome picture
    i hope that you will show us MANY more soon

3. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very interesting.

4. husawis

husawis Guest

Arthur - fantastic image! Could you kindly tell us a little about that tree?

5. Thank you all for your comments.
    The Paperbark tree is an Australian native and is called Paperbark because its bark peels in layers thin like paper. There are different types of this tree with different bark characteristics. They are very tolerant to "wet feet" and when wet the color tones are changing dramatically.
    I will post more images in the coming weeks for your reference.
    If you cannot wait the series is in my page www.plottier.net
    Cheers

6. For the American members here is some info about the distribution of paperbark tree in the U.S.
    It was introduced in USA in the 1900's and it is a pest over there. Typical problem when the "do gooders" introduce plants in a different eco system. I guess that we humans never learn.
    Cheers

7. Very interesting tree and good photo.

Cheers

8. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Interesting tree -- fascinating image [But then, I find tree bark in general fascinating.:biggrin:]

9. Thanks Harry and Bob for your comments.
    Cheers

10. Fascinating image. Looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

11. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    the colors and shapes are very intriguing, thanks for sharing

12. Thanks Tom & Lisa for your comments
    Cheers

13. asaya

asaya

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Almost looks like an image of a cats face in the background, beautiful shot

14. Thanks Tony for yoyr comments.

15. A beautiful shot Arthur, thanks for sharing it... I get the feeling of a flame here... Almost like a emblem for for something iconic in US religious culture (no authority here!!!)....

16. Thanks Rich for your comments
    Cheers

17. Love the shot!! Even looks like something from Lord of the Rings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.