Tamrac Expedition 8 or Lowepro DryZone 200

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by HAVOC, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Wanting to buy a larger camera bag and would like some opinions on the Tamrac and Lowepro if anyone has either of them ? Thanks for any help.

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I don't have either of those, but I do have a LowePro - the Photo Trekker AW II. I went with LowePro because it seemed their top-end backpacks had a better harness/suspension system than the Tamracs. When you get to this size of backpack, you've got the capability of carrying quite a lot of weight, which IMHO means that getting a good fit and placing the weight for optimal load-bearing is important. The adjustible harness on the Trekker backpacks allows you to do that.

From most accounts the Dry Zone is overkill unless you really need submergibility. It's quite heavy because of the waterproofing, and it also doesn't have the adjustible harness that the Trekker series has. I think it's also a bit smaller than the Photo Trekker.

3. I have the photo trekker also and let me tell you this pack is the deal Huge with room for lots completely customizable to distribute that weight properly. It is well constructed has a cover for use in the rain and even comes with an attachable day pack.. Plus it is the largest bag that still is able to be carried on and airplane