Showcase Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4

Shot in Driscoll, TX. I like silos. They make interesting subjects :biggrin:

All taken with the increasingly lovely D700

19mm @ f9 iso 450

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

17mm @ f8 iso 2200

17mm @f8 iso 560

24mm @f8 iso 720

Thanks for looking :biggrin:

Are those what the cheerleader jumped off of???

J/K. Nice photos. I've been wanting to go to west Texas to shoot the big windmills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just ordered one of these lenses for my D700. What's your impression so far?
For the money, it really is hard to beat this lens. It can be soft in the corners, but it's easily negotiated with a little USM in post :biggrin:

Are those what the cheerleader jumped off of???

J/K. Nice photos. I've been wanting to go to west Texas to shoot the big windmills.
Thanks. I'll be headed out west later this week and into NM and CO...I imagine I'll come across a few more :biggrin:

For the money, it really is hard to beat this lens. It can be soft in the corners, but it's easily negotiated with a little USM in post :biggrin:
Is the lens designed for FX? How's flare resistance? I have a Nikon 18-35 f3.5-4.5 and I haven't been impressed with it - flares very easily even on DX with the hood on.

Is the lens designed for FX? How's flare resistance? I have a Nikon 18-35 f3.5-4.5 and I haven't been impressed with it - flares very easily even on DX with the hood on.
Yes, the 17-35 covers the FX format. Tamron says it was "designed for digital", but who knows what that could mean, if anything.. Flare resistance, on my copy at least, is pretty poor. That said, it's a very inexpensive lens.

N

natesapp

I'd love to hear of someone that had compared this lens with the Nikon 18-35mm 3.5-4.5 on a D700 and what they found to be true. they are in the same ballpark as far as used prices.

Yes, the 17-35 covers the FX format. Tamron says it was "designed for digital", but who knows what that could mean, if anything.. Flare resistance, on my copy at least, is pretty poor. That said, it's a very inexpensive lens.
What he said. And I generally try not to shoot in the same direction as the sun, no matter what lens I am using.

Real Name
Andrew
Got this to replace my Nikon 20mm f/3.5 AIS lens. Just wanted auto focus and the ability to use the lens on both my f-mount and z-mount cameras.

I like what I'm seeing so far out of this lens. Plenty more testing to be done, but here are a few so far .

One thing that stands out to me as an unexpected plus is the close focusing. Very nice indeed.

Old Portsmouth, Portsmouth (UK) taken with my Z6 and FTZ adapter:

@27mm f/8.0

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom