Tamron 28-200 F3.8-5.6 Nikon mount

Hello, I am looking for a cheap alternative to a wider angle telephoto lense for my Nikon D 80..

I would appreciate some info on Tamron 28-200 F3.8-5.6 Nikon mount if this lense would be completely compatible with a Nikon D80 !

I have found a seller her in town and he is askin $130.00 CDN for this lense!

Please I need to know if this lense will be worth the asking price and if it will work with my IQ with my D80??

Thanks so much

Glen

Nikon D40 18-55mm Nikon D80 55-200mm VR lense 70-300mm VR lense..

The 28-200 lens made by Tamron is not more of a wide angle than your 18-55 kit lens. I cannot understand why have you selected the Tamron if you are in need of a lens with a good wide angle.
Your 18-55 and 55-200 are lenses very capable of fine images. You have with them the inconveniences of changing lenses to cover the span from 18-200 but something tells methe quality will be better
than using the Tamron 28-200, especially toward the long end.
If you are not thoroughly familiar with the use of lenses I would recommend that you wait till you are before buying further lenses. If indeed you are in need of a lens wider than 18mm, the 28-200 is not the answer.
Occasionally you will find a third party lens that will not work properly with the camera it was designed to fit. In those cases the lens needs to be sent in to the dealer for adjustments, a free repair if the lens is still under warranty.
Since I have never used Tamron lenses I am not in the position of making any recommendations on regard to value or performance.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Ok thank you

Thank You So Much Mr. Rodriguez.. You probably saved me a lot of headache..

No it looks well used and for $130 BUCKS it probably would be better invested toward a true Nikon Product !!

Again Thanks
Glen Downey
Winnipeg MB Canada

TC:smile:

Ok thank you

Thank You So Much Mr. Rodriguez.. You probably saved me a lot of headache..

No it looks well used and for $130 BUCKS it probably would be better invested toward a true Nikon Product !!

Again Thanks
Glen Downey
Winnipeg MB Canada

TC:smile:

Very wise decision Glen. Nikon lenses are top quality and they have been specifically designed for use with their cameras.
Perhaps you need something like the 12-24 f4 Nikkor AF. For less money Tokina makes a similar lens that is also very good. Make sure you understand wide angles before you invest your money. These specialized lenses are not necessarily used to take a big view of the subject but rather to emphasize closer objects to the subject to expand perspective.
As I said, great decision. You could do very well with your 18-55 till you understand wide angles a little better.
Good luck!

William.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom