1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tamron 28-75 still impresses me

Discussion in 'People' started by kiwi, Jul 8, 2008.

1. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    those are some fantastic shots darren.
    how much does that lens run?

2. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    cost wise ? not sure what the current price is, maybe $400?

3. In the U.S. it is $349.95 from B&H, with a $10 rebate. It's always been a very good value, so long as you get a good sample. Sharper wide-open at 70mm than a brand-new 35-70/2.8 I compared it to, with better bokeh and less CA to boot. Weaker build quality and focusing can be hit-or-miss depending on the sample.

YMMV.

4. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    oh, just so you know, these shots are full frame using D300 at F/2.8

5. Hi Darren
    What kind of PP did you do these shots? they Look great! I really like the sharpening on them.

6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks Joey

Both were shot in RAW then opened in PS3, I then just used smart sharpen default setting

The action I use to do the framing also applies a little sharpening when resizing.

BUT, they were very sharp to start with.

7. What was used for the framing? it looks Great.

I just checked out you gallaries, your a very talented photographer, great stuff in there.

8. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Its a PS action I bought ($10) called Absolute Sharpening Pro, just google it. It's very good imho, it frames, resizes and sharpens one at a time or in batch.

I'm sure you can achieve the same thing yourself, but, I for one are not that good in PS actions and $10 was a good investment of my time and money I think

9. Great images and also love the framing! Very happy young fellas!

10. These are great. What did you use for your lighting. Sure seems like a lens worth considering.

11. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks so much Terri. I was pleased how they turned out, these are pretty much straight out of the camera.

Simple lighting really, just a Sb-600 bounced off the left hand wall at a bit of an angle, I'm constantly amazed how TTL works so well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.