Tamron 70-200 f/2.8

Anyone an early adopter of this new lens? If so, what are your comments and critiques of the lens. Does it match up to the Sigma version or even the Nikkor version? Any comments welcome, along with pictures.

Thanks,

Just saw that myself. I'm curious about reviews on this lens myself. I WAS going to get it. Then I got a great deal on a 2 month old Sigam 70-200. I couldn't pass it up.

I just found out about this as well

for $700 brand new - that is a great deal if it is good glass

I have been thinking about getting a used Nikon AF 80-200 for about the same price

The 70-200mm AF-S VR is just too much $ for me

I'm very curious about this lens. The price's very interesting and as Nikkor is a bit expensive for me, I don't like the Sigma build quality and Tokina's version of 70-200 doesn't seems to be a good performer.. this Tamron seems to be the most suitable lens around....

M

mi2ark

With no VR (or Tamron's version...)

Do you need VR? Does it make that much of a difference?

Guess not at all when shooting sports, but I've always wondered if it's just better to wait, wait, wait and save my pennies (ok hundreds) to get the Nikon 70-200vr.

Mike

I'm very curious about this lens. The price's very interesting and as Nikkor is a bit expensive for me, I don't like the Sigma build quality and Tokina's version of 70-200 doesn't seems to be a good performer.. this Tamron seems to be the most suitable lens around....
I like both Tamron and Sigma, but IMO, Sigma has better build quality.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom