Tamron 70-200 f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by allstar25, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Anyone an early adopter of this new lens? If so, what are your comments and critiques of the lens. Does it match up to the Sigma version or even the Nikkor version? Any comments welcome, along with pictures.

Thanks,

2. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Has the Nikon version been released yet?

3. According to B&H ... yes. It says in stock.

4. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Just saw that myself. I'm curious about reviews on this lens myself. I WAS going to get it. Then I got a great deal on a 2 month old Sigam 70-200. I couldn't pass it up.

5. I just found out about this as well

for $700 brand new - that is a great deal if it is good glass

I have been thinking about getting a used Nikon AF 80-200 for about the same price

The 70-200mm AF-S VR is just too much $ for me

6. Same here. Way too much money. I was fixing to settle on a Sigma 70-200 but saw that the Tamron was being released. Just going to hold off for a little while before I chose.

7. I'm very curious about this lens. The price's very interesting and as Nikkor is a bit expensive for me, I don't like the Sigma build quality and Tokina's version of 70-200 doesn't seems to be a good performer.. this Tamron seems to be the most suitable lens around....

8. mi2ark

mi2ark Guest

With no VR (or Tamron's version...)

Do you need VR? Does it make that much of a difference?

Guess not at all when shooting sports, but I've always wondered if it's just better to wait, wait, wait and save my pennies (ok hundreds) to get the Nikon 70-200vr.

Mike

9. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I like both Tamron and Sigma, but IMO, Sigma has better build quality.