1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tamron 90, with D700, and a sweet 3 year old.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sonyam, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 2717356027_5eae6806b3_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. MFowler

MFowler

Apr 18, 2008
    Texas
    Hey Sonya, very cute picture. Looks like you and the new D700 are already old friends. :smile:

3. Very nice! This Tammy is so sharp... but being a 3 year old has its advantages... picture perfect skin... so the Tammy can't find the blemishes and just enhances the sweetness :) 

Great job and a cute model.

4. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Great image/composition. Wow that Tamron is just incredible.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    That's a great photo. Isn't the Tamron 90 a super lens?

6. Not quite yet, but getting there fast!

No kidding....can't do self portraits with this one. :wink:

It is. I have a sharper one I'll add later.

Yes, yes, and yes. No complaints!

7. 2718373138_298832841f.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hey Sonya,

great shots...I always look forward to your next pic post of your girls...

Where these shot wide open? The color rendition of the Tammy seems a little subdued compared to the 85 1.4, is that so?

9. Yes, these were both wide open, but aperture does shift depending on focusing distance. The saturation is processing. I'll process another one without doing that for comparison.

10. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    I love my Tammy90.. but haven't ventured with it much beyond using it for Macro... a few portrait shots here and there.. but since I do mostly outdoor family portraits of folks who are active.. I tend to use my 17-55 or 70-200 mainly for flexibility... will need to pull out the 90 and give that a go someday.

11. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    What a terrific combo! Congratulations Sonya.

12. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    Perfect Pictures Sonya!!!

13. nice but the glasses and the light on her eyes takes away from the pic...i think it's focus is on the glass....
    you spoiled me on your eye shots is the only reason i even mention anything...for most of us this would be a great shot

14. I know focus fell on her glasses....I'm still trying to figure how to shoot them properly. I need to get a polarizing filter I think......

15. A great lens. Not sure a polarizer would have changed the focus. I've never really done any straight on shots of someone wearing glasses. I would guess that auto focus is gonna lock on those no matter what you do. Probably have to go to manual to 'see' past the glasses.

16. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    wow, that first one is great!!! I love the larger images to look at too!! I'm glad you and the D700 are getting along! Do you love it!!!?

17. I would manually focus but I can't see clearly with glasses through the viewfinder to do so.....I've had glasses since I was 18 months old (and Sophie inherited those same issues... :frown:)  I might attempt it though, because my keeper rate of close ups is way down since she had to get glasses.

Yes, I do. Yes, yes, we're great friends already. Makes a great big brother to my D300. I feel like the quality of my gear now exceeds the quality of my abilities, LOL!

18. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    How are you feeling about having both the Tamron 90 and the 85 f/1.4? It seems like they'd be awfully similar for portraits.

19. Nope, not even close. The 85 has better color AND it goes to 1.4. :biggrin: I bought the Tamron for macro attempts when I'm bored, and use the 85 for portraits. These were just playing around shots while I was breaking in the D700. I've had every lens I own on it, and it's amazing all the way around.

20. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Well, of course not. :)  I just meant that the focal lengths were similar. I certainly wasn't trying to short the 85.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.