Tamron 90mm 2.5 MF (1979)

I have seen a few Tamron 90 threads around, but most of them focus on the newer 2.8. There has to be at least a few members who are sporting the Tamron 90mm Telemacro 2.5. I think it is a fantastic lens and deserves representation in the photo library.

Care to share you shots?

Daniel

Tamron 90mm f2.5 doesn't go to true 1:1....only 1:2. You need the adapter/extension to make it go true 1:1. This is the reason that I didn't buy one (almost did though without realizing this fact).

I don't have pictures, but thought that fact was worth mentioning.

I saw that on the lens, but I am still happy with it as a hand me down lens. Certainly takes great photos. But i guess the 1:1 pushed everyone to the newer 90 2.8.

Sadness. i will have to fill the thread myself :D it will only take me a few years of practice to get librrary quality photos. :biggrin:

I have a few using the Tamron Adaptall 90mm 2.5. It's a great lens. I got the 2.8 so it would meter with *my* camera, but the 2.5 is so nice we kept it because it will meter with *my husband's* camera. As far as it not going 1:1, you can get a TC for it and you'll get some nice, close shots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom