Tamron AF 90 F2.8 Di Macro examples

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Hermie, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Hermie

Hermie

Jul 23, 2005
    Have been testing my new macro lens Tamron AF 90 F2.8 Di. Great value for money. I have considered Nikkor macros but heard/read a lot of good things about the Tamron. AF is kind of slow but that doesn't really bother me.

See examples below, critique and comments are welcome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Herman

2. Beautiful flower macro shots, Herman. DOF, exposure and composition are right on (except may be for those protruding and OOF leaves in the foreground of some pictures but that's my only taste 8) ). The #2 and the last one are my favourites. Congrats for a good work.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Herman,

Welcome to the Cafe!! Pretty good shots for a test. I like them all, especially the last, but the roses are also excellent.

It's funny that you posted these when you did. I'm trying out Patrick's Tamron 90 right now, and I almost posted some shots under the exact title. I took a few test shots when I got home from work yesterday. I was favorably impressed, but decided that they weren't quite good enough to post. Yours certainly are. :wink:

4. Nice shots, Herman! My favorites are #1 and #4. Many people are very happy with this lens. With your test results, I suspect you will be too! :)

5. I like the last one the most.

6. Hermie

Hermie

Jul 23, 2005
    Thank you all for the kind words. My personal favorite by the way is # 1.

Herman

7. Hi Herman,

These are really impressive macro, sharpness and especially the colours! Love the DOF and compistion too!

Interesting DOF, I am wondering how some of the smaller features behind the main subject are in focus, they must be on the same plane, and probably because the out of focus petals (and the depth of the flower) provided the illusion of the depth of field. Almost as if you super imposed the flowers on some background.

Which camera are you using?

Regards,
    Jonathan

8. The sharpness of the last one is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have my eye on that lens too.