Tamron Service question

I know sigma is apparently good about recalibrating their lenses for sharpness when quality control is apparently an issue, but how is Tamron? I would like to think my newly purchased 17-50 could be a bit sharper at f/2.8 considering all its hype that I read about, especially considering how nice it gets at F/4.

Does anyone have any experience at all about this? Do they charge anything for this?

Hey Zach,

I've not used Tamron's service but I'm ordering the same lens so I may get the chance!

Others I kow that have had service by Tamron spoke positively about the experience.

I'd recommend giving them a call and establishing rapport with someone there and record their name. Be positive about the lens but express your hope for even better performance. When you send the lens in, reference your telephone conversation and the person you spoke with. I've found this tactic to be effective in the past with Nikon and Tokina service.

Good luck to you.... and to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot. I'm def. going to do as you are saying. A little niceness goes a long way with customer support.

Zach,

I had a new Tamron 28-75 calibrated shortly after I purchased it. Your warranty should the calibration. It did take almost 6 weeks to get mine done. I seem to recall they have an option for expedited repair, but at a cost of $50 or so.

Thanks a lot. I'm def. going to do as you are saying. A little niceness goes a long way with customer support.

If you run into an obstacle with Tamron, PM me. I contacted their CS about a rebate issue and was impressed with their service, and I have a name and email address. Based on my experience and what I hear in general, you will be OK.

Awesome, thanks guys. I'm gonna send it off in about a month as I am going to need this lens off and on until the 17th of June. After that I shouldn't need it until August.

Its funny how I bought this lens as a NEED lens instead of a WANT lens. I don't even really like the range! I'm a fan of super wide, mid-tele, and tele. Not really a normal lens fan (except for my 50 1.4 which I'm in love with due to its design).

Latest threads

Top Bottom