Tananger Days...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by tommhans, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Well the homeplace where i live, had "birthday" so alot of people gathered together and here are some of my pics from this day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pics at : http://home.no/topgun90/tdagene/
    comments are always appreciated;)

2. no comments?

3. Looks like a fun gathering. I like the two boat shots.

4. tnx for comment:) it was a great gathering ;)

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice shots, Tom. Looks like neat place and you captured it well. I love anything with a nautical theme. Thanks for sharing.

6. Your european style always shows through... I've seen a few of your posts and in every one your colors seem to be muted and i can always see your european style of photography. Nice work :smile:

7. Yes Tom, I agree with the last poster, you clearly have a style of your own, which I assume is achieved in PP. I do like this and think its excellent that people have their own style. IMO I feel that it works for some of these shots but not so well for others (9,10,11). Overall its a very nice series but i wonder if perhaps they could have been enhanced (for me at least) by using a different PP method. Only my lowly opinion. Thanks for sharing.

8. tnx for comments, ye ill try different PP next time. but for me its like, when i test one PP i stick with it along time till i find a better one:p
    ye i agree with u that it doesnt work with every pic.

9. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Tommy, love the shots and I also like the blurry colors. Some of them make me feel like I've had one or two too many grogs!

Out of curiousity and since it really is all about the food and drink for me, what particular local foods would be served typically at your town's birthday party?

I really need to make time to invite myself to visit everyone's hometown at the Cafe!

10. shrimps or fish is most likely the local food:p
    im not sure as i never eat at the restaurant, i always eat at home.

11. Not to defend Tommy, (as i don't personally like very much that kind of images), but i'd like to understand what you mean by "european style"... i wouldn't dare calling anything "american style", knowing the huge differences in styles/tastes there are throughout the USA... :Wink: !

Please explain...

:wink:
    J-P.

12. Nils

Nils

Mar 30, 2007
    Aptos, California
    the bird photo reminds me of a holga shot I took.
    they are all real nice.
    nils

13. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool:Actually a lot of the images (and all are good) seem to have the "Orton" treatment of which I use a lot.
    www.bsvirginian.smugmug.com

14. orton treatment?:p
    i might use that but i certainly have no idea what that treatment is:p

15. Well it's more of a color space and color usage than a "style" of photography. In many european magazines you will find that the images have muted color, using alot of sepia and monochromatic color toning. This is what i was referring to in tom's images.

16. oh kwl
    well, i actually never care about how i take the image, i just find a good angle(espcially at macro/close up) and take 2-3 pics in different angles, often the ones with alot of space ends up getting edited and published on the internet :p
    i dunno but i think the magazines migthve influenced me, but im not sure, as i feel like im taking most of the pics on the impulse not by looking at some1 elses pics then take something alike it:p

17. Haaa OK, now i understand !

Thanks for the explanation :smile: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.