Taos Pueblo Cemetery

p1554501206.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D800, 24-70 2.8, 1/50th @ f/14, ISO 100

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

That's a wonderful photograph Glenn. Taos has so many fascinating places to visit and photograph. I'd love to spend a bunch of time there.

Wow! Very evocative and haunting.

Thanks Les

That's a wonderful photograph Glenn. Taos has so many fascinating places to visit and photograph. I'd love to spend a bunch of time there.

Thank you, Art

I really enjoyed my time in Taos. It was nice visiting in December as I practically had the place to myself. I think there were only two cars parked at Taos Pueblo when I visited. There were less than ten people visiting the site while I was there!

Glenn

Wow, this is a very striking image, it definitely provokes much thought about those buried there and the families who miss them. This is stunning!

Wow, this is a very striking image, it definitely provokes much thought about those buried there and the families who miss them. This is stunning!

Thanks Frank...

This cemetery is within the Taos Pueblo where people have continually inhabited the nearby adobe structure for more than 1,000 years! The bell tower in the cemetery was from the original church constructed in the early 1600's. It's an amazing place.

Glenn

Excellent photo, I like everything about it - compostion, the light, the sky.

And I like cemetery shots in general. Will hop over now to the B&W forum...

Glenn,

I did not see the B&W, but I like this picture. Which Native American tribe is buried here?

Real Name
Randy
superb shot

they were closed when we got there so we took the suberban off road trying to get close to those mtns in the BG......that was quite a day

superb shot

they were closed when we got there so we took the suberban off road trying to get close to those mtns in the BG......that was quite a day

Thanks Randy...

I'm glad they didn't close the day I visited. There were only two cars in the parking lot and less than 8 visitors on the entire site. It made for a much more enjoyable day than dealing with the crowds. Also, they waived their tripod rule for me...rather than charge their $300 rate (which I wouldn't have paid), they let me use it for free since there was nobody there.

Glenn

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom