Tara, Addie, Kayla

Discussion in 'People' started by LauraJohnston, May 20, 2007.

1. This one was planned out a little..
    Tara
    _DSC0024-3.

And these were captures as we were hanging out at Port City Java...
    Addie
    _DSC0163-2.

Kayla
    _DSC0137-1.

2. Wow, the colours in your first pic are amazing. I always love to look at your posts. Great job!!

Sarah

3. Nice Laura............ #3 is a great image!

G

4. thanks! #3 is my little sister :)

5. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Hi Laura,

#1 is wonderful. The compo and the colours are superb. Capturing against a bright background is always challenging and except for the blown highlights in the clouds you have done well. Thanks for sharing.

6. Laura, that first one is beatiful. I love the way the dress works with the surrounding colors.

Nicely saturated with an interesting composition!

7. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Viewing these I started wondering why it is that Woody and I are trying to work around all of our schedules to get you and Tara back out here for a shoot. I think I need to just load up the car and come see *you*. You are surrounded by women I'd love to shoot! Of course we all know it takes more than the right models and the right gear......you gotta have the eye and in that regard, dear Laura,......you are so very gifted!

The first shot has an incredible perspective and the exposure is phenomenal....especially under tough circumstances. I love the intense saturation, perfect perspective and Vanilla Sky feel to the image.

The second and third have been transformed from snapshots to excellent portraiture via your talented eye and excellent PP work....and yes the loveliness and uniqueness of your subjects doesn't hurt.

Good stuff!

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    The dress in the first image gives it a retro feel to me - I really like it. I'm not crazy about 2, but 3 is simply beautiful - I am torn between 1 & 3.....okay I love them both. Great work Laura.

9. Great suff! Love #3.

10. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I think that all three are great. I am not keen on the blown clouds in the first one though...the rest of number one is great though.

11. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

great shots

12. i am glad a few of you have commented on the blown out clouds, because I thought they looked cool that way. haha