Tara Sova

Discussion in 'People' started by Ottrott's Human, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    The coolest name ever...........Tara Sova.....I *love* that!!!

Laura's friend and partner in crime Tara.....who also has a perfect complexion. Again.....very little skin work.

Model: Tara
    MUA: Elaine

More product photography:
    688101227_ebfd450d12_o.

Something a little different:
    688101065_297362a774_o.

2. Nice shots Stu! Funny, as I read the title of your post, I thought what a cool name she has and then opened up your post to find the same. I liked the second one as your new avatar and was hoping to see this one in a larger size. So, was her hair moving or is this stuck in place using something?

3. *chuckles knowing the process of the hair standing out on the second image

4. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    You guys are really rockin' this town! Two more great shots Stuart! I love Tara's expression in the very creative 2nd image. Nice work.

4 people holding her hair out right? 4 peeps = 8 arms - one extra arm to hold a bounce card, or a cocktail...:biggrin:

5. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Great stuff Stu!!!

Man, I love that second shot.

Regards,

6. #2 is very cool (how the heck did.....) :smile:

The octabank catchlight in the first one is kind of distracting.

7. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Yep.....awesome industry name, but it's her actual name. She must have cool parents!

Tara and Laura brought body scrubbers to the shoot....because the're weird (artistic) college kids. We unraveled them and had our MUA braid them in to Tara's hair. I had Woody, Laura and Elaine hold them out off camera and we played with the angles until it looked right through the lens.
    Here's the color version:

688101091_d65569ba04_o.

The shot was obviously never intended for B&W, but I just liked the B&W version better for some reason.

Thanks Anthony!

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Yeah...it was kinda funny wasn't it.......not nearly as technical as one might imagine! Kind of like our own version of Twister!!:biggrin:

Close Fred and a great guess.....three people...more or less. I think there were a few shots where I held one braid with my left hand and worked the camera with my right hand......the miracles of 1/250 in the studio!:biggrin:

Thanks Tom....it was definitely fun!

Thanks!!:smile:

9. Second shot is awesome! I actually prefer it in color.

The octabox reflection in the first ruins it imo. Positioning the light high and shooting it down at angle will give you less reflection. Unless you want the reflection offcourse :)

10. the reason i dont like the first one much is because there's too much chest/shoulder area and no space for neck. perhaps it doesn't bother anyone else though. haha.

11. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks for the input Paul!

Nope...doesn't bother me a bit!:biggrin: Man....you are sooooo critical!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  12. As soon as I read this, I had to go back to the original image because in my mind I remembered seeing the ends of her hair (not that this couldn't have been processed out). But, of course, you were right and I never noticed that the ends were off-camera. :redface::tongue: I actually like the color version even better.

13. Logan

Logan Guest

truly amazing work Stu!! way to go, glad to see the avatar in a larger version... i personally like the reflection in the glasses! Simply breath-taking work!

14. Stu, wow...impressed...that second shot is spectacular...bravo!!

15. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Stu, you have done it again. My fav has to be #2 too and between the B&W and colour versions my preference is the latter. Great stuff!

16. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks Logan! We all knew the octabox reflections would be controversial....people are so predictable!:wink::smile:

Thanks John! How's your new little sweet pea doing?

Thank you Banhup!

17. People are so predictable? What do you mean by that?

My guess is you left the octobox present in the reflection because it would be too hard not to have it in there, altough possible with some studio setup work.
    The main problem with the first image is not really that reflection but rather the missed pose, which is rule breaking and unflattering. One of the nicest features in a good looking woman will always be a long, thin neck, which translate into elegance and grace. I'm astounded that you didn't see that.

18. actually the octobox could have been easily removed with stu's expertise.... he left it in there because he LIKES IT

19. The reflection of the Octa is a matter of taste for sure, and the creator obviously wanted it to be there.

I apologise if my post came a cross like i was teaching him,im new around here and i dont really know how much knowledge and expertise most of you guys have (in this case the OP). So my comment was more meant as a tip if he didnt know, obviously he did. :tongue:

But for a comercial shoot it would most likely been rejected by the AD since the reflection is detracting to much attention from the actual product and dosent really convey a specific message/feeling like and expression would i.e.

Its a nice shot, but not very suitable as product shot.

Just my opinion take it for what its worth.

20. just so you know my comment was directed towards NB23 not you.. because he seems to think that removing the reflections was too difficult for stu.