Taranaki

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by krispee, Apr 24, 2007.

1. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    or Mount Egmont, from different views and conditions.......we were so lucky to have an almost completely clear view of it for so long......and the view looking down from there was awesome....

taranaki_1.

taranaki_2.

taranaki_3.

that last one is a pan of 3 stitched images.....

kris

2. Kris,
    Excellent view my friend. I love the middle one most due to some contrasting foreground.

Keep posting such nice images.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a fantastic mountain
    Great shots

4. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    thanks, Gale and Sam....

kris

5. Good going, Krispee.:502: Was that from around Stratford? The angle doesnt look familair to me.... :confused:

6. Great views, Kris. When I was in NZ a couple years ago, Taranaki was the one place I ran into sufficient rain/clouds to never get a shot of - glad to see what was behind the grey!

Sean

7. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    cheers, Sean, i`ve heard so many say that, i feel even more fortunate to have had such a great view of it.....

doug: well, when we looked down we could just see the sea, egmont national park was down there and the big milk factory was down to the right as we looked down, just see it.....honestly, i can`t remember if we drove through stratford, we went through so many towns and villages, one we went through appeared to be completely deserted.....

kris

8. SCRacer

SCRacer

Apr 12, 2006
    Iowa
    wow looks great.

9. Great view and outstanding shots. I am fond of volcanoes, maybe because I don't have any in my neighborhood :smile:

Cheers

10. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    thanks guys.....they do have a reputation don`t they lol

kris

11. Nice job! you were lucky with the weather, so often grey and cloudy

12. In Taranaki the saying is:
    If you can see the mountain it is about to rain and if you can't it is raining!!
    Nice shots.
    How did you stitch the panorama as the highlights look a bit blown?