Tasha turns 30... (**WARNING - Lots of pics)

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Jul 22, 2007.

1. On Friday, I had the opportunity to photograph Tasha's 30th Bday party. Tasha is a friend's sister and I was asked to take a few shots during the party. 700+ shots later, the night ended and I was beat. I was able to get a few good shots and will be sharing them with the Bday gal and family during the week... Please let me know what you think... Thanks for looking.

Here's Tasha...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my friend Nakia, Tasha's sister...

[​IMG]

Now some of the invited guests...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  2. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Keith,

I'm NOT a fan of on-camera photography, BUT these are exceptional. Looking at the shadows, it appears that the flash may have been held away from the camera? LOTS of pretty women. The 2nd and 3rd of Tashia are my favs. Great job!

Mike

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    ...you in your element and at your best my friend - excellent stuff.

4. Thanks Mike. These shots were taken with the flash off-camera on a bracket, hence the shadows or lack of... :biggrin:

Thanks Fred!!! These types of shots are definitely where I'm more comfortable...

5. A couple more since I'm at work and don't feel like working...... :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Great images Keith. What flash-bracket do yo use?

Thanks

7. Thanks Sam! I have two brackets, I think one is a custom brackets, flip bracket, the other is a stroboframe Pro-T...

8. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    lots of beautiful people and looks like they all had a blast..

9. Hi Keith... Really nice shots, you got the exposure spot on, all those white clothes and dresses... You guys looked as you had a really great time and all those lovely ladies to keep you company.... Lucky devils... ;o))

This may be a dumb question, but in the B&W photo of the 2 guys, what is the guy on the right have in his mouth, looks something like jewelery .??? Just curious....

10. Yeah, everyone had a pretty good time...so good that they extended the party an hour... :biggrin:

Thanks Wally!! It was an enjoyable night to say the least. You are correct about the BW photo... What's in his mouth is called a "grille", his was gold with white and yellow diamonds... It's basically a row of teeth molded to fit over one's teeth....

11. Keith, these are really great. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

I really like what you are doing with the funky angles on a lot of your crops. Are you seeing these angles while you are shooting, or is it something you just whip up while doing PP?

Impressive set!!

12. Thanks alot Mitch!!! All angles are straight from the camera. The only thing I really do in post is levels adjustment and some sharpening for the most part. For portraits I love Woody's skin tutorial as well, but my pp skills are fairly limited...so I try to get what I want in camera.

13. Keith, your shots are amazing. Its like your camera isn't even in your hands. you're just smiling at people and they're smiling back.
    Our friend the Dude does "The Street" as well as anyone here I believe, but you've made the party pix into an Art form!
    Thank you so much for sharing... of course the gorgeous people don't hurt the content either : ~)

14. ohh... and, may I ask what are you using for lighting & bounce???
    Thanks again !

15. Thank you very much for the kind words Jim!!! When the partygoers have a good time, it usually shows in the pics. The fact that I was able to blend in with the crowd made it a little easier.

For lighting I just used a camera bracket w/sb800 and diffuser attached. Flash bounced off the ceiling mostly...oh, and spot metering on camera, aperture between 2.8 and 5.6... My lens trio for the evening was the Beast (28-70), the 70-200 VR, and I pulled out the 50mm 1.4 for a little while also (haven't used this in months!!!)

16. nice series of pictures Keith. Looks like everyone was having a good time.

17. Thanks Roy!! It was a blast! :biggrin:

18. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Great work Keith!!! You really have the hang of flash photography. I'm still terrible at it.....must remember to practice at some point.

Did you size down because you were posting so many? Man......the day after I turned 40 my eyes started going. Give me 800 pixels on the long side please! All the better to enjoy your work!

19. Thanks Stuart!! I'm learning everyday, but I'm getting better each day as well. Sorry about the sizing, it's smugmug, not me. LOL I have to find a way to post some larger images. I upload full size images, then they chop them up...

If I could shoot in the studio the way you do, I'd be an all around photographer...