Tattoo gun...Please Critique

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by underitall, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hi, this is a photo of my Tattoo gun, which I rarely use, so I decided to shoot it (No pun intended...?). And this is the result after about 30+ shots.
    I used my Eva Blitz, on an extension cord, at all sorts of different angles, only thing is, this is the best one, but its still not quite how I wanted it. I tried to completely illiminate the shadows, I had a silver surface behind it, and in fron of it, so that when the flash triggeed onto the back surface it would reflect onto the other surface, in front of the gun, and relight away any shadows, the surface want shiny enough, so this is the result. What else do you think I could've done? Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  2. Thanks for that awp..Much appreciated, I thought the DOF was too shallow, ill give it another go, and botch up a light tent type thing, thanks...Tom.

3. Tattoo gun, in Bothced Lightbox!!!

I enjoy things like this, and botching things, so both together equls this...

This is the lightbox itself, using one single flash to light it rather than mounted lights, still, worked great though.
    [​IMG]

And heres the result...
    [​IMG]

I still think that theres a bit too much shadowing, and the focus is out slightly, and DOF needs to be increased, but when I introduce some more lighting, and increase the aperture once again, I think itll look amazing, even more so. Thanks for reading, id love to hear your comments, Tom.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, I forgot to say, its a bit over-exposed too, because I have A4 sized paper lingin the box, and with a longer exposure, the seem was visible, whihc I didnt like, and I didnt want to PP it out...Im a bit of a wannabee perfectionist.