Tattoo - Her First

I went with my friend whilst she got her first tattoo. She got two lines of text running across her ribs that says "Fight The Good Fight Of Faith." Unfortunately this wasn't taken with my Nikon...it was taken with her Pentax...and thus I hope it is still okay that I post the picture.

TeresaTattoore.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like this a lot. My brother is a tattoo artist and these are the kind of shots he has requested that I shoot for his shop.... just haven't found the time.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
This is in focus, appropriate DOF and nice moody conversion.

IMO, there are a couple of issues.

1) very loosely cropped, so the extra stuff drains off drama and tension.
2) you tell us about the tat but don't really show anything beyond the artist's forearm. There is no emotion or drama in the shot.

PJ shots need to make some point and shouldn't have to rely on explanatory text.

This is in focus, appropriate DOF and nice moody conversion.

IMO, there are a couple of issues.

1) very loosely cropped, so the extra stuff drains off drama and tension.
2) you tell us about the tat but don't really show anything beyond the artist's forearm. There is no emotion or drama in the shot.

PJ shots need to make some point and shouldn't have to rely on explanatory text.

I had tried cropping the image but I couldn't find a crop that my eye liked. I would have tried to go for a different angle, but I didn't want to get in his way. I more or less had to stay where the chair was. I put it in this section because it is more of a candid shot. Not staged, they didnt know it was happening.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
A possible crop

tattooga5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L

loltographer

I like the original picture just the way it is, no crop. The angle of her body gives it depth and perspective, and the background clutter of the shop provides context.

The lighting is great and certainly sets the mood, as does the look of concentration on the tattooist's face and the somewhat winsome faraway stare of the girl.

Don't know what others are missing here, but I think this picture speaks volumes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom