Tax Day Baseball!

As the title says I shot these on April 15th otherwise known in the US as Tax Day :(. I had my taxes done a long time ago, just had to send out the state taxes that day.

After that was all set I headed out to Natick MA to cover a tennis match and then a baseball game. Here are some selects from the baseball game!

Nikon D300 w/300mm f2.8, EXIF intact.

1. Backlit pitching.
GCB_8819.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Checking the runner at 1st.
GCB_8883.jpg

3. Trying to pickoff the runner.
GCB_8884.jpg

4. Throw from the catcher to 2nd base, a little late.
GCB_8891.jpg

5. Now commonly know as the "Josh Beckett" (sorry just had to, batter didn't request time though).
GCB_8906.jpg

6. Getting back before the pickoff.
GCB_8958.jpg

7. Throwing to first.
GCB_9029.jpg

8. Coaches conference after a rough few batters.
GCB_9093.jpg

9. Trying to turn the double play.
GCB_9101.jpg

10. Look a wood bat in a high school game! Looks as though the league has gone wood. First time I've seen that.
GCB_9117.jpg

11. TTF pitcher shot.
GCB_9144.jpg

12. A little late with the throw at first.
GCB_9173.jpg

Nice set. Seems like number 21 likes to have his tongue out. Always funny how some players do that naturally. I really like number 4.

Nice shots! That 300 sure gets in close and makes a nice shot.
If they have gone back to wood bats, the players won't like it, but they will learn to use their hips more to drive the ball.

Really great shots! Another lesson in baseball shooting!
I really like #4 and #6, though the rest are all good as well, these are my favorites.

#6 and #11 great shots.Well..all of them look great.
There´s a sport i would really like to watch live.No chance in doing that around here.
Congrats.

Geoffrey:How is that Tammy behaving with the D700(sharp,contrast,focus speed)?Is it the one with bim?

Nice set. Seems like number 21 likes to have his tongue out. Always funny how some players do that naturally. I really like number 4.

Thank Randy, I bet he doesn't even realize it, wait til it hits the yearbook!

Nice shots! That 300 sure gets in close and makes a nice shot.
If they have gone back to wood bats, the players won't like it, but they will learn to use their hips more to drive the ball.

Thanks Ricky, I would prefer now to shoot with a 400mm, but hey its out of the budget and the 300 does a great job anyways. Don't know when they went to wood, as I was shooting another game, albeit JV that was using aluminum/composite bats.

Really great shots! Another lesson in baseball shooting!
I really like #4 and #6, though the rest are all good as well, these are my favorites.

Thanks Jeff! I appreciate the compliment!

Nice shots! I like #4 and #6 the best. #1 turned out really nice given the back lighting.

Thanks Mike!

#6 and #11 great shots.Well..all of them look great.
There´s a sport i would really like to watch live.No chance in doing that around here.
Congrats.

Geoffrey:How is that Tammy behaving with the D700(sharp,contrast,focus speed)?Is it the one with bim?

Fransisco, thank you for one, and the Tammy hasn't really seen much work since I got the 28-70 AF-S. Its been sitting in my bag just waiting for some work

well done Geoff, hopefully we'll shoot on Tue...

Thanks Chris, I agree hope to see you for some LAX on Tuesday, when are you going to know?

GREAT looking shots! all very well done. As for wooden bats, When i was a Jr. in High School, I used a wooden bat on my varsity team. I for some reason could never get a hit or a good one off an aluminum bat, so I switched to wood, no one said a thing. and that was back in 2004/5

I like each and every one of these but #6 is just plain special .

Very well done.

Thanks Rod!

GREAT looking shots! all very well done. As for wooden bats, When i was a Jr. in High School, I used a wooden bat on my varsity team. I for some reason could never get a hit or a good one off an aluminum bat, so I switched to wood, no one said a thing. and that was back in 2004/5

Jeremy, Thanks for the kind remarks! Also I know that feeling of changing bats. I played in 98/99/00/01, 01 was there year they changed to the -3 bats, I started playing a year before with them to get used to them for when we needed them, I actually liked the feel of the -3 bats better and hit about the same if not better.

I'm starting to find baseball really boring to shoot, but aside from #2 ... none of these bore me!

Great, great job!

Adrian, it can get boring if your not into the game, but if you look for certain things and love the game it can never get boring!

Hi Geoff,
Great captures as always!!:biggrin: Gotta get me one of those lenses! If only I could put my wife under hypnosis. :tongue::eek::cool:

#6 is absolutely cool... The low angle makes the shot IMHO. Too bad he didn't lose the helmet so we could see if he had his eyes open.:rolleyes:

Wooden bats? When I played in high school, aluminum hadn't been invented yet!:eek:

Regards,

Latest threads

Top Bottom