1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Taylor 355ce 12-string Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Mike Buckley, Jul 10, 2019 at 6:04 PM.

1. Another of my friend's guitars, his only 12-string guitar. The letters "c" and "e" in the model name, Taylor 355ce, indicate that the body is a cutaway style and that the guitar has onboard electronics, respectively.

Photo #1
    A medium continuous-light lamp fitted with a diffusion sock was in the left front area as far away from the subject as possible. A small continuous-light lamp on the right was shining upward toward a large white reflector above the subject. The reflector brightly lit the headstock. A white reflector on the left brightened the width of the body.

Photo #2

A medium continuous-light lamp fitted with a diffusion sock in the right front area lit the overall scene. A small one in the left front area lit the bridge. A flashlight lit the side of the guitar.

Photo #3

A small continuous-light lamp on the left very close to the subject at the level of the strings brightly lit the part of them that passes over the hole. A medium continuous-light lamp higher was than the scene on the right. Both lamps were fitted with a diffusion sock.

Photo #4
    A medium continuous-light lamp on the right lit the overall scene and a small one on the left brightened the black areas to display their shapes. Both lamps were fitted with a diffusion sock.

Photo #5
    The background is black foam core. A medium continuous-light lamp was on the right and a small one was on the left. Both lamps were fitted with a diffusion sock.

Photo #6
    The background is black velvet. White reflectors that brightly lit the tuning knobs were above and on both sides of the subject. A small continuous-light lamp was immediately above the camera pointing mostly upward toward the upper reflector.

Photo #1
    Mike 2019-07-08--003-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
    Mike 2019-07-10--002-S.jpg

Photo #3
    Mike 2019-07-10--005-S.jpg

Photo #4
    Mike 2019-07-10--003-S.jpg

Photo #5
    Mike 2019-07-10--004-S.jpg

Photo #6
    Mike 2019-07-10--006-S.jpg

2. All nice but I especially like the first one as it shows the beautiful shape of the body.

3. Thanks, Binnur. Nobody ever said that about my body, so I'll pass your compliment along to the guitar. :ROFLMAO: 

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.