Team photos

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Mitchell, May 2, 2007.

1. Got my replacement beast and was able to reshoot my team photos which were all stolen last week (along with my gear).

I'm planning on giving each player a 5x7 portrait and an 8x10 composite. The pro photographer got rained out this year and never rescheduled!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sorry about the theft. Great job with the photos..

3. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Forget the theft! you got new gear! Sweet!

The picture look great....I Like the poster composite. A little more fill flash would have helped I think, but heck, they look fine.

4. Thanks, Eric. Having my D2X, 300mm, f2.8, and 28-70mm stolen really sucked. I'm still thinking about what gear to buy.

5. Randy, I like your attitude! My son is still upset about the theft. Unfortunately, it happened at his little league field.

Fill flash in the bright sun always confounds me. I shot with fill flash, but the bright sun on one side was a challenge and kept blowing the highlights. Unfortunately, there isn't much shade on a baseball field.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice work Mitch, you did an outstanding job with the posing and the editing.

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

looks good mitch ...~!

8. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Great job Mitch!

I am sure the kids and the parents will love these!

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Mitch these are really good...I am impressed. You did a very nice job.

Sorry to hear about the theft of you gear...Glad you now have new stuff..

10. If I may offer a brief story regarding your Incident.
    Years ago my Father had his tires stolen off his car on the southside of Chicago at a clients building he visited often... much like your Son's ballfield,... you go there alot.
    Cops told my Dad, you realize when you go back, they (the thieves) know your car and that you've got brand new tires on it.....
    They staked out the car for 2 weeks,... and caught the guys trying again....
    Food for thought.

11. Mitch,

They don't need the "pro" photographer. He couldn't have done any better than what you've shown here. The pictures are great, the composite is perfect. I know what you mean about fill flash in harsh light. Given your conditions, I think you mastered it quite well.