Teasing just like i should

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by strobel, May 3, 2005.

1. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    My new D2X with SB800 Flash is waiting at home. I had my wife pull the battery and charger. Now I do not have to wait to use when i get home, it will be ready to go. Next step; buy many more CF cards.

Ron :twisted:

2. Ron,

Awesome. I'm having mine shipped tomorrow, hopefully !. Keep up posted with focus issue.

3. Man, you ARE twisted. You've got it bad.....my D2X comes tomorrow. But I wont have someone pull the battery out and charge it though....much too much self-control. And I do have a D2H and the batteries are interchangeable! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Where in Chicago do you live? I was there this past weekend. I grew up there; went to Lane Tech High School....when it was all boys. It was on the north side...so...GO CUBBIES!

Are you old enough to remember Riverview amusement park?

Rich

4. Brian

Brian

Apr 30, 2005
    Toronto
    I hope I can save enough for the D2X one day, along with enough CF cards and a new computer, then my D2H can RIP. :D

Happy shooting!

5. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Hi Rich

Yes I remember the Park. I am 38 so as a child went to that park several times. I now live outside the city in the northwest suburbs. But Yes I am sick, and twisted. I am just overwhelmed with this camera. I can not believe the quality and great feeling this camera has compared to the Fuji S2. I hope you enjoy your camera, If you have not touched one you will be amazed.

Ron :p [/quote]

6. Re: Hi Rich

[/quote]

I came from the same boat as you, the Fuji S2. I can't believe he differences. Out of this world. I am holding onto the S2 though until I can afford another X then I might retire it. From one S2 owner to another, I hear that some S3 owners are not as crazy about it as they were with the S2. hmmmmm. Wonder why?

7. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I considered the S3, long and hard (after all the S2 was a great first SLR). I just could not see enough of an advantage to upgrading. In fact the one thing that kept me from buying immediately when it came out was the expectation of the D2X. Boy, I'm glad that I waited. I did not post very much on dpreview.com, but I remember you and a couple of others who switched to the D2X. Everyone's happiness with the camera helped me in making the commitment.

I am going to take the camera out this weekend and will hope to post a few pics.

Ron

8. Hi Ron,

Good to hear that me and others influence you to purchase the X and better yet, good to hear that you are happy with it. Please let us know if you have any focusing problems with it.

Again, Congratulations on the X.

9. Ron,
    I am so Jealous!! We (Canuks) can't seem to get enough
    bodies shipped to Canada to even put a dent in demand.

Congratulations on the X! Grumble, grumble...........

Cheers
    Robin

10. Robin,

Try Photocreative in Missassauga. I purchased mine there even though I live in the States. Wonderful people who run that business.

Hope this helps,

11. Melissa,

Actually that is where I ordered it from. But they can't
    sell it if Nikon doesn't deliver it. I suppose I should have
    ordered it before it came out, but I wanted to see some
    results before I plunked down my money.

Still Waitin,
    Robin

Catz,
    Did you see my post about Kodak strap?

12. Hi Robin,

I'm sorry that PhotoCreative doesn't have anymore D2X's. I ordered mine last Nov on instinct and have never regretted it but I can see why you waited and there is no reason why you should regret not getting one earlier. I mean what if it would not have turned out to be not what it seemed to be and then you would have been unhappy with it. I could have been the same boat.

I did see read your post on the Kodak strap. I think I left a post.

I didn't have a chance to call Kodak to see if I can order one separately from the camera but I will.

Melissa

13. Melissa,

Well it is a real drag waiting for it. Just like waiting for Christmas!
    But the up side is I get to read all the feedback about the camera.
    And hearing the good and bad about the machine. I at least got the
    chance to play with one. I don't know if that was a good thing or
    not, now I know what it will feels like to fire off eight fps.

But it will be here soon enough, and then I can ask all of you that
    have the camera already, really ridiculous questions.

Cheers
    Robin

14. Robin,

we will all be waiting for you questions. No question is ridiculous unless they come from and believe me I ask ridiculous questions.