Tech and Photography.

Hello, do you think that most photographers are a little obsessed with tech specs with their photo gear? Instead of just relaxing and enjoy making the photograph.

No. Most folks buy their gear and enjoy taking photos. You likely see a skewed view of the photography world online which tends to be populated with gear heads and pixel peepers.[/QUOTE
The main thing about this site is they are very nice people here. You are correct about some sites with gear heads and pixel peepers.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Hello, do you think that most photographers are a little obsessed with tech specs with their photo gear? Instead of just relaxing and enjoy making the photograph.
I think most photographers are at least familiar with the tech specs of their gear (or I hope they are). But most are not obsessed with those specs. You have to be familiar with the tech specs so you know your camera and lenses' limitations and "sweet spots".

But I think most photographers just learn the important specs and then go out and shoot. At least the photographers that I know.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I research specs only to know which cameras or lenses will optimize the creation of images of subjects I intend to focus on. Once purchased, the onus is upon me, the photographer, to achieve optimum performance.

I was a complete geek as I went from film to digital. I had Gas- gear acquisition syndrome- real bad. That lasted about 5years. Now I shoot with what I have available and think more about what I want the image to say- the story to tell. A lot of my photo friends are still geeks.
Gary

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom