1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Teleconverter question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ashman, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I recently acquired a Nikon TC17E that I will be using on my 70-200VR, however I am not sure if it is safe to continue using the lens on my mono pod mounted on the lens food with the TC in place. Is it better to mount the camera on the mono pod at the base of the camera or? I am using a D300 with the MBD10.

Thanks

AM

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The lens is far too heavy to mount the camera onto a monopod or tripod with the lens unsupported. You should mount the lens onto the monopod or tripod using the lens foot, the weight of the teleconverter and camera off the back will cause no problems.

3. Completely agree with Frank.

4. I'd say as a rule of thumb, if the lens comes with a collar and foot - use it.

5. Thanks, that was my feeling too.

AM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.