telephoto landscape...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, Dec 23, 2005.

1. I still haven't taken the 70-200VR off of my camera yet. Here's a landscape from this evening:

original.

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Dave

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shot.

3. RForshey

RForshey Guest

The silouette in the foreground leading to the subtle shades of purple in the back mountain is very striking. Well seen and executed..

4. Great colors in the sky.

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Very nice image. Love the colors and contrast. I should give it a try too, shooting landscapes with tele.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice..

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Really, really nice shot! Love those great colors! If it were my shot, I would crop about 1/6th off the bottom.

8. Dave that is a keeper. It brings back a few memories of the year we lived in Tucson.

9. Very nice, I was going to suggest cropping about 25% off the bottom and then read Steve's post. I know you'd lose the gradations of the purple, but it would put more emphasis on the silhouette and the sky. Beautiful landscape shot though. It is a sweet lens, isn't it!?? I shoot 95% of all my stuff with this lens.

10. Nice image. Lots of staying power. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Dave, great use of negative space, really sets of the colors. Nice shot.

Wade

12. Beautiful shot, Dave. The more I look at it, the more I love it.

13. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Dave,beautiful image.I especially like the hue right where the purple and black meet.Nice capture.

14. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Beautifull Composition and colors.

15. Beautiful subtle colors in the excellen scene.

16. Hey Dave -

Without having read the other replies, I'd say that I might have cropped out more of the black and/or dark areas (maybe even including the very interesting tree in the upper right if necessary!) to focus on the pastel colors and the beautiful layers of depth that you have going in this fine capture.

Of course, I say this with the knowledge that I should *always* crop my shots better but can never seem to bring myself to actually do it! -LOL.

Eric

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Beautiful colors & composition.

Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC