1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tell me about the Tokina 50~135mm 2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jon Neely, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    any one use this lens, to say the least I am torn between this and a used 80~200 nikkor, but this lens seems more practical. I love my other Tokina, any use with this one guys. Please post.

Jon

2. rvink

rvink

Mar 21, 2006
    New Zealand
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. schwann

schwann

Sep 7, 2008
    San Antonio. TX
    Would the Tokina be a FX (fullframe) on a D700?

4. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    thats more about the sigma, and after using my buds 70-200 vr, I think I have found my next lens anyway... but any other info on this lens would be great, also I am pretty sure that it is a DX lens.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. rvink

rvink

Mar 21, 2006
    New Zealand
    No, the Tokina 50-135/2.8 and Sigma 50-150/2.8 are both designed for DX sensors, but it would be nice if they did. Short tele zooms are really useful - I love my 75-150/3.5 on film. The Tokina or Sigma might cover FX at some settings, like other DX lenses, but the quality in the corners is usually not great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.