1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tell me what you like or don't like

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by giletti, Aug 18, 2009.

1. giletti

giletti

Jan 12, 2008
    Victoria, BC
    Hello there

I usually shoot land & cityscapes and was asked to make some wedding photos for my girl friend's sister. Oh well, 1st time, etc.

What do you like / don't like ? C&C appreciated.
    (Still have to look & process so many photos - my day job comes in between :) 

3823303018_2145df0a08_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3822495907_28dcb16ff5_o.jpg

3823303072_1500a2e751_o.jpg

3832069716_383c9494a2_o.jpg

3823303128_9846a8d28a_o.jpg

2. Martin, I think these are wonderful, carefully posed, exposed and processed!!
    In #1 I would prefer the shadowing tined down a little as I found it just a little eye-catching. #3 I would have slightly less blur as it looks a bit too obvious that it is post processed. 4+5 are brilliant.
    Thanks for posting them for us to view.

3. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    i like them all. cheers,

4. giletti

giletti

Jan 12, 2008
    Victoria, BC
    Thanks everybody.

@ Geoff: Now that you mentioned the shadow in #1 I agree it is distracting a bit. Also agree with your other comment. Thanks !

5. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    nicely done! you nailed them all

6. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful job!

7. teets4

teets4

Dec 19, 2008
    florida
    I realy like th style of 1,2, and 4.

8. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    These are really nice. FWIW - I would clone out the lower sequin in #2. I like the photo - but my eye is drawn to that lower middle sequin and not her eyes.

9. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hi Giletti,

I like the compositions of all the photos. I agree about the shadow on the first photo, and the blur in the third one. I really like the use of the reversed vignette which adds to the photos.
    With that being said, I would like to see more contrast in the second and third one. I feel like the lady's face is a little too hidden behind the veil, although I like the concept. On the third photo, I like the border trim you added, but because of the lines in the wood my eyes move away from the lady, again it is a nice composition. What if you added contrast by darkening the background a little. This may make the lady "pop" a little more and make it look more "modelesque."
    Please remember, these are just my humble opinions. I think you did a great job and they are going to love them! :) 

Little Cub

10. giletti

giletti

Jan 12, 2008
    Victoria, BC
    Thanks everybody for their kind words !

@ Little Cub & Geoff: I will soon have time to try out your suggestions and probably post the results tomorrow evening.

11. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Agreed that 4 & 5 are great.

12. very nice set of photos, well done.

13. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    Well after reading the title, I surely wasnt expecting this caliber of images. Very nicely done.
    BB

14. They are all very nice. The background shadow in #1 has been mentioned, but the other problem I see is that she needs to straighten her wrist if she intends to have any impact with that punch! :) 

15. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Im just not a fan of the white vignette. I dont find much else to be wrong with these.

16. giletti

giletti

Jan 12, 2008
    Victoria, BC
    Thanks everybody !!
    (Still have not had time to follow your suggestions - haven't taken new photos either :(  - I'm not complaining tho', b/c I still have a job ! )

@ photobrad: Amazing photos on your blog!

17. exitnine

exitnine

Jun 5, 2008
    Boston, MA
    #1, #2 and #4 are nice

18. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    thx man! Keep up the good work, you are doing great!
    bb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.