Tell me what you like or don't like

Hello there

I usually shoot land & cityscapes and was asked to make some wedding photos for my girl friend's sister. Oh well, 1st time, etc.

What do you like / don't like ? C&C appreciated.
(Still have to look & process so many photos - my day job comes in between :)

3823303018_2145df0a08_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3822495907_28dcb16ff5_o.jpg

3823303072_1500a2e751_o.jpg

3832069716_383c9494a2_o.jpg

3823303128_9846a8d28a_o.jpg

Martin, I think these are wonderful, carefully posed, exposed and processed!!
In #1 I would prefer the shadowing tined down a little as I found it just a little eye-catching. #3 I would have slightly less blur as it looks a bit too obvious that it is post processed. 4+5 are brilliant.
Thanks for posting them for us to view.

Thanks everybody.

@ Geoff: Now that you mentioned the shadow in #1 I agree it is distracting a bit. Also agree with your other comment. Thanks !

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
These are really nice. FWIW - I would clone out the lower sequin in #2. I like the photo - but my eye is drawn to that lower middle sequin and not her eyes.

Hi Giletti,

I like the compositions of all the photos. I agree about the shadow on the first photo, and the blur in the third one. I really like the use of the reversed vignette which adds to the photos.
With that being said, I would like to see more contrast in the second and third one. I feel like the lady's face is a little too hidden behind the veil, although I like the concept. On the third photo, I like the border trim you added, but because of the lines in the wood my eyes move away from the lady, again it is a nice composition. What if you added contrast by darkening the background a little. This may make the lady "pop" a little more and make it look more "modelesque."
Please remember, these are just my humble opinions. I think you did a great job and they are going to love them! :)

Little Cub

Thanks everybody for their kind words !

@ Little Cub & Geoff: I will soon have time to try out your suggestions and probably post the results tomorrow evening.

They are all very nice. The background shadow in #1 has been mentioned, but the other problem I see is that she needs to straighten her wrist if she intends to have any impact with that punch! :)

Thanks everybody !!
(Still have not had time to follow your suggestions - haven't taken new photos either :( - I'm not complaining tho', b/c I still have a job ! )

@ photobrad: Amazing photos on your blog!

Thanks everybody !!
(Still have not had time to follow your suggestions - haven't taken new photos either :( - I'm not complaining tho', b/c I still have a job ! )

@ photobrad: Amazing photos on your blog!
thx man! Keep up the good work, you are doing great!
bb

Latest threads

Top Bottom