Tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GenoP754, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Boy this is tough....

Never shot small birds before...

Tell me what you think please!

i had to do major cropping to get a lot of distractions out of the picture. I will go back and try this again when I get some more time.

GenoP

NJ State Bird - Goldfinch
    original.

2. It is a pretty bird with good detail and color. It would have been better if you had left the feet in view even if there were distractions. All in all it is pretty nice image.

3. Thanks Gordon....

that's exactly why I will go back...He was sitting on a rail plus there was a feeder in front of his feet. I cut as close as I could.....

I was actually there to take photos of the Director of the NJ Audubon Society. they are building a new look-out and will be feature on the cover of a local magazine. this was just for fun with some time I had left over.

GenoP

4. PS Greyflash

I love you photos and visit your PBase site quite a bit...Especially like the Choir photos, and of course Diana. In fact that photo of Diana on the road taken with the 300 2.8 is one of the reasons I had to jump for the new 300VR.

GenoP

5. Wow, thanks Geno. For a mother of two teenagers Diana is holding up pretty well. She is an excellent photographer in her own right and uses that other brand. You can see some of her work at:

http://homepage.mac.com/dianawq4/DianaKayPhotography/

If you do go there look at both galleries (selectable at the top of the page where it says D magazine) because I think the Verona ones are the best.

Really appreciate you taking the time to look at my website. By the way, I made over a thousand dollars on the choir shoot.

6. You're the master of understatement, Gordon. Diana is a knockout... but that seems true of many of the models in your gallery. The neat thing is that you did these lovely ladies justice! Compliments.

7. Good shot Geno!! Nice color!! :D :D :D

8. Geno -

Goldfinches can be fast movers when they're not feeding, making them tough targets I'm sure.

Nice capture, although I agree with Gordon that getting the feet (and rest of the tail in the shot would have improved it. Otherwise, nice subject isolation from the background and good capture!

Thanks for posting...

Gordon -

Looks like Diana's a great photographer, too! Obviously runs in the family. :)

9. Good capture, esp the crumbs? on his beak. Not to worry about the feet, you either get birds with no heads, or birds with no feet! *LOL* Or left wing has been chopped off.... they're a tricky lot to capture with a camera. Good job!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Geno,

One alternative to the heavy crop would be to clone out as many of the distractions as possible in PS. That said, I still like this shot. Pretty well exposed and good details.

Regards,

Frank

11. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Awsome. Looks like you cropped a lot, is that close to a 100% view?

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG

I just looked at the price of the 300 VR VR VR

YKESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Ms Vr can forget that.

13. about 50%....The D2X files are huge.

14. Yes Gale...It took me about two years to bite the bullet, And luckily I think it will pay for itself in a short amount of time. After having close to a week now, it is by far one of the best optics I have ever used. (of cource next to the 200 2VR)

GenoP