Temple Urchin

Discussion in 'People' started by mindspan, Apr 21, 2007.

1. This little girl was sitting off in a secluded corner of the Bayon temple complex in Cambodia all by herself. She was surprised someone wanted to take her photo. What a sweet smile :smile:

2. An engaging image. She looks happy.
  3. Excellent picture. Very nice expression.
  4. One thing I have noticed as I have traveled to poorer countries is that the people there seem more happy than their western counterparts -- and not just a little bit. Says something positive about leading a simpler life -- even if it is more difficult.
  5. Thanks very much Alex! I have to say I was dripping with sweat carrying around a 60 pound backpack in scorching heat, but the photographic opportunities that presented themselves that day made it worthwhile.
  6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

excellent composition with the zig-zag wall. Would love to see the uncolorized version.
  7. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice! I love the textures, conversion, and the subjects expression.
  8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    What a great photograph!! Very, very nice!
  9. Thanks for the compliments folks -- HulaMike, the photo isn't colourized, it is a B&W overlay with the opacity reduced until some colour was showing through on her shirt and shoes. The pure B&W looks good too but I wanted just a touch of colour in this image, so I made the choice I did.

This image was actually taken with the 17-35 on the D200 as I was primarily shooting temples at the time. I was surprised at how well it worked for portraiture.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007