1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Temple Urchin

Discussion in 'People' started by mindspan, Apr 21, 2007.

1. This little girl was sitting off in a secluded corner of the Bayon temple complex in Cambodia all by herself. She was surprised someone wanted to take her photo. What a sweet smile :smile:

[​IMG]

2. An engaging image. She looks happy.

3. Excellent picture. Very nice expression.

4. One thing I have noticed as I have traveled to poorer countries is that the people there seem more happy than their western counterparts -- and not just a little bit. Says something positive about leading a simpler life -- even if it is more difficult.

5. Thanks very much Alex! I have to say I was dripping with sweat carrying around a 60 pound backpack in scorching heat, but the photographic opportunities that presented themselves that day made it worthwhile.

6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

excellent composition with the zig-zag wall. Would love to see the uncolorized version.

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice! I love the textures, conversion, and the subjects expression.

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    What a great photograph!! Very, very nice!

9. Thanks for the compliments folks -- HulaMike, the photo isn't colourized, it is a B&W overlay with the opacity reduced until some colour was showing through on her shirt and shoes. The pure B&W looks good too but I wanted just a touch of colour in this image, so I made the choice I did.

This image was actually taken with the 17-35 on the D200 as I was primarily shooting temples at the time. I was surprised at how well it worked for portraiture.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.