1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tennis 11 Y.o. Boys

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kevin402can, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kevin402can

kevin402can

Jan 21, 2009
    Canada
    My son and one of his best friends won the doubles championship at the local tennis club over the weekend.
    Timothy my son, in white.

3783877996_c714894448_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3783876842_143ccd19e7_o.jpg

3 His friend and partner for the weekend

3783877564_8cc844bb74_o.jpg

3783068147_2c14d1f283_o.jpg

2. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    Don't see a lot of youth tennis on here. Nice work. Love the body position on the last shot.

3. kevin402can

kevin402can

Jan 21, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks Randy,
    The boy in the last shot is one of the most athletic boys his age group in the city. That is probably my favourite shot I took on the weekend.

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    nice job Kevin! low angle, and a ROB!

5. Congrats on the win and these nice shots.

Your son needs to learn to fully extend his arm and swing with a vertical motion. He is keeping his elbow too close to his body. This just hinders his swing mechanics and will need to be corrected if he's going to improve.

6. kevin402can

kevin402can

Jan 21, 2009
    Canada
    Hello Mitch,
    He just started playing this year and he is quite enjoying. Right now he and his sister are having their first private lesson with the local pro, we will see how they like it. I am a big believer that proper instruction can cut years off learning to do something on your own.
    Hello Tim,
    It was my first crack at shooting tennis and I my timing was a little off, mostly shooting too late, I only managed about 4 rob's in about 250 pictures. I am pretty sure I have green clay stains on my butt from sitting on the courts for an hour or so but it was the only way to get down low.

7. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    Nice set...love the rob shot
    bb

8. Kevin, I like your attitude. Lessons now will prevent him from developing some bad habits that will follow him in the future.

I'm an avid tennis player. I went through the painful process of modifying some of my strokes due to poor technique about 4 years ago. My kids all play, and they are taught only by instructors who know what they are doing.

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.