Tennis anyone!

I was shooting a lacrosse tournament at Hampshire Hills yesterday, and was asked by the owner to get a few shots of the tennis tournament they were holding there. Here are some of my favs:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Chris and Greg.

What I noticed was that the better the player, the less exciting the shots, as the experienced players moved without effort and were very efficient with their swings. These guys were strong, however, as you can see from the motion blur at 1/1000th ss...

Inside the court

Yes, I was allowed to sit courtside by the owner of the venue. I worried about the players being disturbed by the Nikon's CLICK!, but they didn't seem to be (no direct stares my way when they missed the net). However, I did not start shooting the serves until they were well into the swing. Clearly, it would have been better to use a 500mm lens from the hill, but then I'd only be able to get the nearest court. However, if they plan to go into the pro circuit, they will have to get used to a lot more clicking than my D300 made...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom