Critique Terri’s 52 Week starting halfway through 2020 Week 52 (Dec. 26 update)

I guess I’ll give it a go starting halfway through the year. Hopefully no one cares that I started late. I’ll just keep up with the same week number as everyone else and start with week 27.

YAY!!!!!! Welcome aboard, Terri!!! Glad you are taking my suggestion! :) This is a good time to start, and you may find that when we hit December 31st that you'll want to start a new one for January - December 2021! This stuff can become addicting....

That sounds good to me, you starting with Week 27.....

Last edited:
Week 26. It has been a very rainy week. I got some photos of some very soggy flowers in my yard some taken before the second half of the year started. I may make another post later on because July 4th is coming up and we have some family events planned and those can be for week 27 along with the rest of you. Just wanted to populate my new thread!!
_DSC9230.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC9254.jpg
_DSC9270.jpg
_DSC9276.jpg
_DSC9288.jpg
_DSC9294.jpg
_DSC9304.jpg
_DSC9310.jpg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Terri, welcome to the 52-weeks challenge.

Looking to your stunning pictures I realized you're using the 105mm micro very well.

Kind regards
Klaus

Very nice, Terri. You're getting some good mileage out of that new (to you) 105 micro.
Thank you, Jim. I'm enjoying it.
Terri, welcome to the 52-weeks challenge.

Looking to your stunning pictures I realized you're using the 105mm micro very well.

Kind regards
Klaus
Thank you, Klaus. It's going to be a fun lens, surely to become a favorite of mine.

There is beauty in wet vegetation, and when you combine that with color and a close-up—WoW!
I have a few wet leaf pictures sitting in waiting in case I don't catch anything else ths week.

Real Name
Morten
You're rocking that 105 macro. I used to have it and loved it for both macro and portraits.
All great - the water drops adds something nice to the shots (y)

Week 27. Some July 4th fun. Idaho Falls has a huge fireworks display every year that brings in many, many people from out of town. Of course, this year it was cancelled. So the smaller suburb I live in sponsored a smaller display. The catch was that they just told everyone to watch from their front yards. They wouldn't tell us where they would be shooting them off. My daughter got a little inside info and we knew the general location and went to a school ground we thought would be nearby. There was only one other family there and we definitely kept our social distance from them. The kids played with sparklers and glow sticks while we waited and I tried to see if I could get any photos with my Z6 and 50 f1.8 S lens handheld while we waited. Got a couple worth keeping. It was a fun experiment.
_DSC0338.jpg
_DSC0345.jpg
_DSC0372.jpg

Week 26. It has been a very rainy week. I got some photos of some very soggy flowers in my yard some taken before the second half of the year started. I may make another post later on because July 4th is coming up and we have some family events planned and those can be for week 27 along with the rest of you. Just wanted to populate my new thread!! View attachment 1664794 View attachment 1664795 View attachment 1664796 View attachment 1664797 View attachment 1664798 View attachment 1664799 View attachment 1664800 View attachment 1664801
Your closeup of the purple flowers on the stalk is wonderful. What flowers are those--I am just learning

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Week 27. Some July 4th fun. Idaho Falls has a huge fireworks display every year that brings in many, many people from out of town. Of course, this year it was cancelled. So the smaller suburb I live in sponsored a smaller display. The catch was that they just told everyone to watch from their front yards. They wouldn't tell us where they would be shooting them off. My daughter got a little inside info and we knew the general location and went to a school ground we thought would be nearby. There was only one other family there and we definitely kept our social distance from them. The kids played with sparklers and glow sticks while we waited and I tried to see if I could get any photos with my Z6 and 50 f1.8 S lens handheld while we waited. Got a couple worth keeping. It was a fun experiment. View attachment 1665195 View attachment 1665196 View attachment 1665197
Terri, I know it's difficult to shoot by night moving subjects.
What was the mode, you was shooting. I choose "M"anual mostly.

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom