Terri's "Better Late than Never" 52 week project - December 22

I have been in a shooting slump the last while. Some health problems have slowed me down and made me lazy. My goal is to be active on the cafe again and to take at least a couple of shots I deem worthy of sharing every week. Uncle Frank was kind enough to tell me that it was ok to join in late. So better late than never is my new motto. I bought my E-M5 in 2012. In January of 2013, I won a photo contest and got a D600 as a prize. (Which was later replaced by Nikon with a D610). I didn't use the E-M5 as much after that. For some reason I had it in my head that the photos from it were inferior in quality. But, I just went back and looked through some of my E-M5 photos and many of them are some of my favorites. So, my goal is to really compare the two systems and see which one I really do like the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are some from the week ending July 25. Hopefully I will get some from this week posted soon.

First one with the D610 and the 24-120 f4 lens taken on a tripod. Next time I do some serious landscape shooting, I'm going to give the E-M5 a try.

A man and his dog on the road home....
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Next three with the E-M5 and the inexpensive 40-150 lens (which I really like). My new 12-40 f2.8 will be here later today and that should be fun!! These were taken at a church party celebrating the pioneers who settled our area in the 1800s. The kids had a little parade around the parking lot, which they really enjoyed. The weather was awful, but they didn't care.

View attachment 1366151

View attachment 1366152

View attachment 1366153

Great first post, really like the "man and his dog" image. Time and age have caught up with me, I'm either getting the Gx8 with the 12-35 2.8 or an EM-1 II if it can be had before I leave for a major photo shot in March. Will probably sell my Nikon gear in the winter or spring after the trip (not taking it, just may not have the time). I think the new rumored PanLeica 100-400mm will replace my TC's and 300mm. For what I am doing small is good and 4K a must. Looking forward to seeing your comparative analysis. You started very strong, both systems like you:)

Here are some from the week ending July 25. Hopefully I will get some from this week posted soon.

First one with the D610 and the 24-120 f4 lens taken on a tripod. Next time I do some serious landscape shooting, I'm going to give the E-M5 a try.

A man and his dog on the road home....

Next three with the E-M5 and the inexpensive 40-150 lens (which I really like). My new 12-40 f2.8 will be here later today and that should be fun!! These were taken at a church party celebrating the pioneers who settled our area in the 1800s. The kids had a little parade around the parking lot, which they really enjoyed. The weather was awful, but they didn't care.

View attachment 1366228

View attachment 1366229

View attachment 1366230
Welcome on board Terri - good to have you here :)
Fantastic start here - that first one is a stunning landscape (y)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi Terri,
it's wonderful you've joined us here.
You've started with "terri"fic pictures - well done.

Regards
Klaus

The church party is always neat. I loved the man and his dog though.
Welcome! Artistically, Man and Dog does it for me....but the kids are adorable.

I moved over to the EM-1 and love it. I barely use my Nikon gear anymore and am considering having a sale LOL
John and Birgit, I'm glad you like the man and dog shot. The kids are fun, but the photos are just snapshots. The first one of the kids cracks me up because there is so much going on in their faces. The wind was howling and I guess it got all sorts of emotions stirred up in the kids. Birgit, I have loved my E-M5. Haven't felt a need to upgrade the body yet, but I bet that the E-M1 is very nice.

I noticed that some of you put in bonus photos. I thought maybe you might enjoy these. Greg took these photos of me with his iPhone while I was out shooting the picture of the Man and Dog. I thought of adding them after I saw Morton's iPhone photos in his thread.

View attachment 1366386

Wonderful to have you here, Terri! And what a start! I'd agree with Birgit and the man with dog is my fav too.
Will be wonderful to look through your eyes in this thread

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Hey there, Terri - welcome aboard! We're glad to have you and what photos! They're all fabulous. You do live in a beautiful part of the country!

Wonderful to have you here, Terri! And what a start! I'd agree with Birgit and the man with dog is my fav too.
Will be wonderful to look through your eyes in this thread
Thank you for the warm welcome. It is fun to share Idaho with those who aren't familiar with it.
iPhone can do a nice job if you can process the pictures. Although for flowers and outdoor dog shots it can be wonderful. I also enjoy the video. All of my cameras are video capable and I have never used it.
I use my iPhone when nothing else is handy. It's good enough that I don't hate the photos that come from it.
#1 Bonus is a fine image.
Thanks, Jeff. I will tell my husband that someone likes his photo.
Hey there, Terri - welcome aboard! We're glad to have you and what photos! They're all fabulous. You do live in a beautiful part of the country!
Thanks, Lyndee. I'm glad to be here. I hope I can keep up with everyone. At least it will get me shooting every week!!

Leaving for vacation today. I'm not sure if I will be able to share photos while there so I thought I would share a few today. I have been testing out the new 12-40 f2.8 lens I purchased for my O-MD E-M5. These are some photos in our yard. We planted all these trees as seedlings. I think we got a little carried away at the time!! It's all so much work, maybe one of these days we will move into a house with a small yard.

One of my flowerbeds. In the background is my grandma's on wringer washer that the family was going to throw away when she died. I confiscated it and turned it into a flowerpot.

View attachment 1366755

View attachment 1366756

Leaving for vacation today. I'm not sure if I will be able to share photos while there so I thought I would share a few today. I have been testing out the new 12-40 f2.8 lens I purchased for my O-MD E-M5. These are some photos in our yard. We planted all these trees as seedlings. I think we got a little carried away at the time!! It's all so much work, maybe one of these days we will move into a house with a small yard.

One of my flowerbeds. In the background is my grandma's on wringer washer that the family was going to throw away when she died. I confiscated it and turned it into a flowerpot.

View attachment 1367124

View attachment 1367125
It's a delight to see your wonderful pictures and delightful self gracing this forum, Terri. It's so sweet that you saved the washer and are using it for your flowers... a touching memory of your grandma.

View attachment 1367263

View attachment 1367264
I love the first one a lot because it trasmits such a nice and gentle mood. Thanks for the stories too.
Have a nice holiday... I'm on the beach writing this :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom