test IR with filter

underwhelmed
5 min exposure.
50mm
f4.0
ISO 2000
IR 720 filter

700_9849 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Not bad Morty. Your 5 minute exposure confuses me, I use a Hoya R72 filter on an un-modified D100 but most exposures are in the 1 to 8 second range (in bright sun).

Different sensors have different sensitivities to the IR frequencies.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
FWIW....... I have a D7000 that was converted to IR by Life Pixels. Most of my images are taken on tripod.

I don't shoot IR nearly often enough! However, I do have a IR gallery on my website. If you click on an image, you will see the image full screen . On the upper left, click on the 3rd icon (3 horizontal lines) to view the photo details. You can see focal length, SS, aperture, ISO, etc for that shot. If you then click the right arrow, you can move through the images and see that information for each image. (If you click "more" you can even see my exposure bias toward the end of the long list of technicals.)

FWIW....... I have a D7000 that was converted to IR by Life Pixels. Most of my images are taken on tripod.

I don't shoot IR nearly often enough! However, I do have a IR gallery on my website. If you click on an image, you will see the image full screen . On the upper left, click on the 3rd icon (3 horizontal lines) to view the photo details. You can see focal length, SS, aperture, ISO, etc for that shot. If you then click the right arrow, you can move through the images and see that information for each image. (If you click "more" you can even see my exposure bias toward the long list of technicals.)
Thank so much Karen,

These pictures are beautiful. Even with the D100 you got some wonderful shots.
It is very useful for me to start with a good base and see what I can get at my end with my filter.
I just need a sunny day now.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom