Test shot bonus with new gear

Well I guess it's time to post a shot with my new "Nikon". :D I asked my daughter to stop and pose for my first test shot with my Canon 85 1.8 on my 20D. This was all about the lens (wide open) and the camera (ISO 1600 under lamp light). I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out pretty well for a test shot. Didn't realize at the time that the orange blanket in the bg complimented her orange PJ's nicely. :)

This is basically out of the camera with custom WB (Whibal card) and some MILD noise reduction (not necessary - did it for skin smoothness more than anything else). It's worth mentioning again - this is ISO 1600.

_MG_0413wp1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BTW, I haven't forgotten the requests to tell my tale of Nikon to Canon switch-a-roo. ;) I will post something in the next few days for those interested.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. And remember, it's not about the gear.

Joe, what I see here is another wonderful Joe Marques portrait. I also see your wonderful family in your home made studio.

But what really excites me is that all the above where at ISO 1600...!!! :shock:

Hey Joe,

Very, very nice for a quick test! I wish I could do that good, even with lots of preparation. Quite impressive at ISO 1600 too! :p Then, again, you have it really easy with a model like that. She seems very comfortable in front of the camera... :lol:

I like the DOF look. really makes you home in on the eyes. and man, those eyes! you'll really have your hands full Pre-Interviewing all the hopefulls in a while. Haven't seen eyes that good since Casablanca. Very nice shot. She does well also, good pose.

Panos Kazanelis said:
Joe, what I see here is another wonderful Joe Marques portrait. I also see your wonderful family in your home made studio.

But what really excites me is that all the above where at ISO 1600...!!! :shock:

Thank you Panos. :) I do enjoy ISO 1600 - use it more and more now that it's so clean.

Philippe Roger said:
Hey Joe,

Very, very nice for a quick test! I wish I could do that good, even with lots of preparation. Quite impressive at ISO 1600 too! :p Then, again, you have it really easy with a model like that. She seems very comfortable in front of the camera... :lol:

Thanks Philippe. :) My daughter is a ham - and I love it! Who would refuse a willing model. ;)

Greg said:
I like the DOF look. really makes you home in on the eyes. and man, those eyes! you'll really have your hands full Pre-Interviewing all the hopefulls in a while. Haven't seen eyes that good since Casablanca. Very nice shot. She does well also, good pose.

I appreciate the comments Greg. I know I'm in for some trouble seeing how the boys gaze at her already. :)

PhotoDawg said:
Very well done Joe!! Your daughter is photogenic!! Has she thought of being a model???

Thanks Dawg. I don't think she's ready for modeling she eats too much food, has a positive self-image, and isn't b+tchy enough. :lol: :D

Very nice Joe. Glad to hear the higher ISO's are clean for you. That's why I bought an S3 and I use the higher ISO's quite a bit, esp out shooting birds. Very lovely daughter... and I love the colouring. Cheers, Sandi

Sandi and Gordon, thanks very much for the kind words. Sandi, I've heard nothing but good things about he S3 image quality. My only concern is the body. Regards, Joe

Latest threads

Top Bottom