Test shot with my new (used) Nikkor 28 f1.4 (edit)

This thing is going to be a welcomed addition to my camera bag when the light is low, and I don't want to use flash. Just small enough to be categorized as a "walking around lens". This was shot wide open @f1.4, just 45 min after sunrise, and believe me, it looked quite a bit darker to the naked eye, & in the viewfinder than this does. Processed my usual way in NC & PS, but on a non-calibrated LCD monitor, so if it's not "just so", I blame that! :twisted: .
EDIT: Went over to my calibrated monitor & looked at it, and immediately realised I have to rework it, 'cause it looks pale, so what you now see is the new version.
In-cam NR left on at Normal, but dialed down to "6" strength in NC from it's default 15.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D2X
Focal Length: 28mm
Optimize Image:
Color Mode: Mode III (sRGB)
Long Exposure NR: Off
High ISO NR: On (Normal)
2005/08/18 06:39:52.1
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
White Balance: Auto -1
Tone Comp.: Normal
Compressed RAW (12-bit)
Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
AF Mode: AF-S
Hue Adjustment: +3°
Image Size: Large (4288 x 2848)
1/30 sec - F/1.4
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Saturation: Normal
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sharpening: Medium high
Lens: 28mm F/1.4 D
Sensitivity: ISO 800
Image Comment:

Looks like a welcome piece to add to your camera bag, Steve. It works quite well in very low light situations. Have fun with it.

Thanks Frank, look at the edited version

eng45ine said:
Looks like a welcome piece to add to your camera bag, Steve. It works quite well in very low light situations. Have fun with it.
That 1st effort was downright embarrassing, and when I viewed it on my cal'd CRT, I knew I had to redo it! :oops:

Mine came in on monday and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I'm hopeing that it will complement my 85mm 1.4.
Larry

Thanks Larry & Frank

I'm heading out to the Arabian stables this morning, weather permitting, to shoot some of the newborn foles in action, and I'm going to bring the 28 1.4 along and see how it does inside the stables, where the lighting is awful.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom