Test shots at Mountain Winery

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow, these r excellent, Frank. looks like u used a little fill in some of these, but can't tell for sure .....;-))

3. very nice work. Outstanding lighting results.

4. Thanks, Nute and Dave!

I used flash for the main light in #2 and #3, and the ambient for fill. No flash was used in the other 4 pics.

5. I like the way you used the interesting backgrounds provided by the winery to best advantage via appropriate DOF and exposure balance.

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    nicely done Frank, Great use of location, they also have a nice warm "feel" to them too, which is sometimes hard to come through in photography,

Wade

7. Hi, Dave and Wade. Glad you liked the test snaps. They were a challenge, as the sun was high at the time of our visit. It will be easier at the wedding, which will be a morning event. But mostly, we were looking for interesting backdrops.

8. Judging from what you have posted here Frank, I don't think you'll have any problems with interesting backdrops.

I can't wait to see some from the actual weding with everyone dressed and the decorations.

Nice!

9. Very nice work, Frank! The wedding should be a lot of fun: she'll be a gorgeous bride in a great setting.

10. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Any chance you could repost these pics?

I got married their 4 years ago and would love to see what you came up with...

11. What happened to your images Frank?

12. I rearranged Amanda's gallery after the Main Event, and replaced the test shots with rehearsal images.

Here's a link to the complete gallery, Cloent. I hope it brings back good memories.

http://www.pbase.com/unclefrank/amanda_john

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  13. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Thanks!!!