1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Testing the 85 1.4

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jul 22, 2008.

1. I'm afraid that this kind cafe member who loaned me his lenses is going to cost me a lot of money.......

My daughter saw this and said, "It looks so professional." I guess that means she likes it.

I have to tell you that this little boy has stolen my heart...... He is as sweet as he is adorable.

original.

2. MeSince83

MeSince83

Apr 3, 2008
    Brooklyn
    WOW!!! I really can't stand looking at any photo this lens takes! They're all magnificent. I want one so bad!

3. What a nice shot. I have the 85f1.4 and I just love it...
    It's expensive but look at the nice portrait you will be taking with it.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Well it's definately on my list of lenses to buy. Great job Terri. I think you're in trouble...:frown:

5. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Such a wonderful shot! That lens is definitely on my list also. If I knew that I could get shots like this with it, I'd be very tempted to go ahead and get it. Terri, please keep posting your test shots. It will be interesting to see which lens you like the most.

6. dstangier

dstangier

Jun 18, 2008
    Oregon
    Dang, that is good. That lens just moved up to the #2 spot on my list of lenses I want to get.

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

now that's what i'm talkin about ...mymymy!!! LOVELY!!!

u MUST buy this lens!!!
    ;-)))

8. You're a dead woman. There's no escaping the cream machine, Terri. It's barely been off of my D50 since I bought it. I'm a confirmed bokeh whore now - shooting it open ALL the time. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol Patti...one point foe hoe, that's it ..ROTFL
    ;-)))

10. and so i ask myself the question again.....
    "why is it that i haven't bought this lens yet?"

terri......
    WOW
    incredible

11. I know what you mean. Trying it out doesn't help so unless you have the cash, don't do it!!

I'm glad you like yours. I think I will be getting one of my own.

I know. Don't try it out unless you are serious.

What is #1?

I know.....I'll figure out a way to get it.

I can see why.

Funny

Yes, you better get one. We can learn together...

12. KG72

KG72 Guest

Looks like you're putting it to good use already, Terri. Very nice!

You're doomed.. by the way. There is no turning back now.

13. i'm all for it

14. What I want to know is where the heck your daughter has been. All your photos look professional Terri... :wink:

Tell her to find another Grandma in Idaho who takes pics anywhere close. She doesn't know how lucky she is to be getting these top quality memories for free... :smile:

15. That's what I'm afraid of. Just don't ever let me drive a fancy car.......

16. Sounds good!!

17. She tells me every day that she is grateful for my hobby. I guess when she saw the shallow DOF with the 85 it just seemed like a different level of photo to her. Thanks for your confidence in my abilities.

18. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Great shot! I am anxiously awaiting my 1.8, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Would love to have the 1.4 but can't afford it right now. I have too many wants!

19. Don't we all....... Hope you enjoy it. I'll watch for your photos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.