Testosterone boost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg, May 10, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Well, I've managed to keep it quiet for a long time.
    I use a Minolta 7D.
    Sigma 50-500
    Minolta 50mm macro
    Minolta 70-300
    Minolta 18-35

I've been using a whimpy system for over a month but now I acquired the D2H from Patrick. I thought I really liked the Minolta but this D2H is a rush. Patrick let me borrow his 80 macro until my lenses come in. thanks Patrick.

By the end of the week I should have
    Nikon 300mm f/2.8
    Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8
    TC-14E
    Spare Battery
    Looking for a good used 105 micro.

See you at the pond guys!

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Welcome to adulthood Greg! Today you are a man. :) :eek: ;)

Yer lenses look nice too - pretty long stuff too! Before you buy a macro, you might want to give the 70-200 a try with a Canon 500D close up attachment.

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    thanks, that's the kind of info I need.

4. Geeze Greg....
    With a list like that I could just hear the $$ rushing out of your bill fold....lol
    Well done, you will love the D2H it's a great body and your lens package will make it sing.

5. Congrats on the D2H acqusition. Greg, I'd second the 70-200 with the 500D. Less money spent, less weight in the bag, and less number of times you have to switch lenses = clean CCD *LOL* I wrecked my back on Sunday out kayaking (one last strong push did it in :( ) but if I can manage to crawl out today, I'm heading over to a local park with a beautiful greenhouse and show you what I can do with and without the 500D and a tripod. I've only done handheld quick tests so far but what I've seen, yes, I highly suggest it.
    As far as the TC14E, you'll love it - it's so crystal clear it's like not having another piece(s) of glass on at all. Love mine.
    Another lens I'd recommend for your kit is the Nikkor 17-55, another very razor sharp lens, for your wide angles and general carrying around.
    Hope this helps you (spend your money! *LOL*), Cheers, Sandi

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    THanks Sandi, I'm looking forward to seeing those shots with the 500D. I've noticed a few on here and they do look good.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

First, congrat's on the new stuff. I promise that you will be thrilled. Second, let me add my voice to the chorus on the 500D. Costs $139 at B&H, and does a pretty fair job on the close-ups. It has a very shallow DOF, which can be good, but to get a great deal of the shot in focus, you have to go to something like f8 to f16.

You are welcome to try mine if you'd like.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,
    Congrats!!!! As Patrick's wife, I know you are getting a great camera.....he takes EXCELLENT care of his equipment. I hope you enjoy it as much as he did....just don't start eyeing his D2X anytime soon....I've got dibs on it when he decides to upgrade from it! :D

9. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    greg, wow your in the money!!!...congrats

10. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Sorry Leigh, I new he was doing wrong and was just trying to help him out :twisted:....(uh huh, right). Seriously, any time you want to use it give me a call.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Greg,

I am very happy for you. Enjoy :>))))

12. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Ahem!! Yes, we're waiting on those 500d macros from a certain person! :wink:
    Jarrell

13. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Step into the light :lol: