Teté

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by JoeG, Mar 22, 2007.

1. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very nice Joe. High speed film portraiture is an art unto itself. Essentially pointillism. Semi-goth chicks (or I don't know, they hate labels don't they) make excellent subjects for impressionistic shots. It enhances the mood they strive for with the black and metal.

3. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    Thanks Chris. Pointillism - that is it, you are absolutely right!

But sry, she's not one of those goth (or semi goth) girlies. Definitely not.

something else: I'm getting more and more in love with the quadratic format. It totally reduces the image on the content and don't unterline the content of the image (eg the horizontal format with landscapes). For me, the quatratic format is neutral but not borring.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, I guess I'm an oldf't. When I see black clothing, dark makeup, black neck scarf, and facial piercings, I think gothie.

But tell us of this quadratic format. I must have been spending too much time under my rock - what is it? (it looks kinda like rule'o'thirds...)

5. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    With quatratic format I mean that it has 600x600 pixel - so it is a quadrat
    for example 600x900 pixel would be horizontal format, right?

But you are right, her eyes are quite in the "rule'o'thirds" sheme.

just some misunderstandig...

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ah! Thank you! Deutsch ist nicht meine erste Sprachte. We would say 'square format' in English, but quadratic makes sense to me now!

7. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    I like the picture.

And you are right, square photos are very nice.

8. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    Ok, thanks. Square format makes sense too. I will remember this for the future.

Your German seems too be quite good, but it is Sprache not Sprachte :wink:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    :BigGrin: I learned it in the early 70s and only get to practice on a friend who has lived here so long that when he goes back to Germany they tell him he's got an American accent. Of course we tell him he sounds German.

10. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    "Ich bin ein Berliner"

Nice portrait Joe, I really like the grain there. Could you tell us what film you were using and your settings ?

11. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes...Nice portrait.

Man...when I was a kid they were called Death Rockers...don't think the Goth thing was used yet.

I used to know Roz from Christian Death....

12. Josef, glad to see you posting a lot. Keep it up and I do like this shot!

13. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Lovely portrait! I love how basic and up front it is, yet it is definately not boring! Grain looks really nice here - Delta 3200?

14. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    Thank you all guys. :smile:

Yes, it is Delta 3200. Shot with F90x and 50/1,8