Teton Park Fun (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, May 31, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Greg and I just spent some time in Teton Park. I took a LOT of photos. The highlight of my trip was meeting Brian Fullmer (a cafe member) and his family there. What wonderful people. I'm kicking myself now because I didn't take a photo of them. They love the Tetons as much as I do. In fact, Brian told me about the lodging special at the Jackson Lake Lodge. So thank you Brian!

Here are my first three processed photos from the trip.

From the Cascade Canyon Hike (highly recommended hike!)
    original.

From my photoshoot with Brian Fullmer on a VERY cold, windy morning.
    View attachment 98372

On Mormon Row--the clouds were building and we thought the day would be stormy. But it cleared out for hiking in the afternoon.
    View attachment 98373

2. Wonderful images Terri. I think the gray cloudy weather condition actually enhances these shots. I particularly like the composition and lines in #2.
    Nice that you had an opportunity to meet another Cafe member and his family, I always enjoy that also.

3. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Terri, would it be fair to call the Tetons, your home away from home.

I know I would if I live that close to them.:biggrin:

Nice shots, by the way!

Murrey

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful shots. I especially fell for #2. What I would give to see that sight. I like your composition too. Great light on the old barn.

5. Terri;

Thanks for the nice words. You and Greg are terrific folks as well. Finally meeting you was the highlight of our trip too. Terri was even nice enough to recharge my camera battery for me. (I can't believe I only brought one and forgot the charger.)

Terri and I tried to get together at least twice last summer and just missed each other both times. It was nice to finally meet her in person and I must say she's just a nice as she is here at the cafe.

I've been extremely busy since returning. Consequently I haven't even looked at any of my photos from the trip. Will get some posted soon.

6. Sancho

Sancho

May 21, 2007
    Arkansas & Belize
    Nice photos, enjoyed them all.
    Thanks, Sancho

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Fritz,
    Thanks for looking. I liked the cloudy weather, too. Last year it seemed like all we got was sunny weather, so clouds are nice.

It was fun meeting Brian. Hope to meet you someday, too!

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I wish it was my home away from home. We go there a lot, but not nearly enough. Glad you liked the photos.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Torben,
    You would love it here. There is even a dog sled race in Ashton, Idaho every year. You can see the Tetons from the Idaho side in Ashton.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Brian. Charging your battery wasn't too hard!!

I've been busy too and haven't had much time to work on the photos. Heather needed a babysitter for Harlee yesterday, so she definitely took priority!

Maybe someday we should host a cafe get together at Teton Park.

11. Well you and Brian are both some of my favorite people here on the Cafe. I am glad that you could hook up and take some pictures together. Love your shots Terri, this is also one of my favorite areas.

12. Terri,
    Thanks for posting these beautiful photos. I went skiing in the Tetons 4 months ago and have been daydreaming about returning ever since. I've never been so impressed by such wonderful landscapes in my life. How lucky you are to venture there as easily as you do.

These shots are all lovely. I particularly like the Mormon barn. Wonderful lighting.

I still stare at this photo I took one sunrise. It was 27 below zero!!! I can't wait to return to the Tetons with my family one summer.

[​IMG]

13. Terri, I love these pictures, they look like they could have been taken in my country - Scotland.

Can I please ask if you have done a lot of PP on these. Particularly in the third I'm amazed at just how grey the sky is and yet you see to have wonderful light on the barn ?

Lovely composition on all three.

Thanks for sharing.

14. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Beautiful shots Terri. I envy you being able to shoot there. It's one of the places on my to shoot list.

15. Gorgeous photos Terri. Great point of view on all 3. What camera body did you use?

16. Beautiful images, Terri! I'll now add the Tetons to my "must do" list.

17. All are beautiful. Mother Nature can sure do good work. Thanks for sharing.
    Pete

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    OK Gordon, I personally have met a few cafe members from our part of the world, Steve Ridges (Ruffles), SRA, and Brian plus all their spouses. All of them are so nice. Now, wouldn't it be fun if all of us could get together. I would love to meet you someday.

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho

Mitchell,
    When you go there will you let me know and Greg and I will drive over to meet you? That photo you took is incredible. What was your location? It does get cold there. I was freezing on Monday morning when I was shooting photos with Brian and it was well above zero.

I do feel lucky that we can easily go there. It's hard to believe how many people who live in my town never go.

20. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for looking, Sancho. BTW, I love your 3 R's.