1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Teton Park Fun (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jun 1, 2007.

1. You guys will probably get sick of me posting these Teton photos. I took a lot of them. But, I am hoping it will make some of you want to come out this way and visit so I can meet you!

I'm not post processing in any kind of organized manner. These are from different locations in the park.

From the Cascade Canyon hike

original.

Another view from the Snake River Overlook

View attachment 98512

A buffalo near Mormon Row

View attachment 98513

The "Grand" in Cascade Canyon--I had to shoot this handheld since I don't have a tripod to hike with yet. I had on a 2 stop grad ND, plus I had to stop down to -2.7 exposure to save the sky. It took a great deal of d-lighting to bring out the shadows. Hopefully I will have a tripod soon, so I can bracket exposures while hiking.

View attachment 98514

Hidden Falls

View attachment 98515

A spot I liked while on the Grandview Point hike.

View attachment 98516

Finishing up the Cascade Canyon hike and looking back into the canyon at the storm rolling in. It started snowing a few minutes later. I was almost looking into the sun here. Not the greatest photo, but seeing this in person was breathtaking. I'm on the edge of a cliff with no where else to go for a better composition.

View attachment 98517

2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Terri,
    These shots are awesome!. Each one of them. You are so lucky and it is very enticing.
    Mile

3. Terri, these are wonderful images and we'll let you know when we're sick of looking at them :biggrin:. Such beautiful scenery there and you've captured it so well.

4. Teri,
    Your shots are fantastic. What a beautiful part of the country. I also enjoyed Part 1, and with shots like these I'm looking forward to Part 3 ... 10.

5. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice stuff, particularly of Cascade Canyon!

6. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Terri,
    I always look forward to your landscapes, and these are no disappointment. Thanks for sharing these. [Please go hiking again, soon:wink:.]

7. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Awesome Terri.

8. #2 is right up there with the best I've ever seen...

and the others are just palaing wonderful (for a "montain man" stuck in "flat lander" country on the Gulf coast

9. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    Awesome Terri! Looks like it would make a great club field trip.

10. Gorgeous! The pictures are great too! ;-)

11. Gorgeous shots Terri. What beautiful country.

12. Terri, these are superb. Thanks for sharing!!

I particularly like the framing of the last one.

The Snake River shot is a classic.

Have you been into the two photographic galleries in Jackson? The photographer who uses an old large format camera had some of the most spectacular large prints I have ever seen.

13. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful shots all of them. Magnificent country.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful area for sure
    Nice images

15. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Fantastic! I love 1 and 4.

16. These are beautiful Terri. We'll have to take that Cascade Canyon hike next time.

17. ThorBob

ThorBob Guest

Fantastic scenery which you really have done justice with your pictures. Great stuff!!

18. brianw

brianw

Feb 25, 2007
    Bo'ness, Scotland
    Fantastic shots Terri, Oh to live near such beautiful scenery
    Regards,,Brian

19. Nice series, Terri. I like the snake river overlook the best, it has a nice atmosphere.

20. I agree that I am lucky to be able to get there to enjoy the park often. So many people who live here never or seldom go. Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Thanks, Sandi. Glad you aren't tired of these photos. It really is fun to get out and enjoy such a wonderful place. There are so many great locations around here. There just isn't time to see them all.

Thanks. I have more coming.

Murray,
    Thanks. Cascade Canyon would be so fantastic at sunrise, if there was a way to be there without spending the night up there.:eek:  I'm just not up to the wilderness camping anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.