Teton Park Fun (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Monday evening was SO cold! The wind was howling on top of Signal Mountain. I had to use a high ISO to keep my shutter speed up enough to freeze the motion of the trees. The large tree was different in all my bracketed shots, so I opted to silhouette the trees against the lake.

This shot has a lot of post processing. The saturation was bumped up and the colors were made more blue. Does it work?

original.

2. I like it Terri. Particularly the rays coming over the mountain. It does look cold.

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Brian. I've sure got a lot more photos to go through. Might take me a while.....

4. This one is a bit too dark for me. I'd be interested to see a HDR version of it.

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho

Thanks, David. I'm going to work on it a bit more later. Maybe the light was just too blah for me to make anything of the shot.

6. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Great. Love the colors

7. It's a great shot, Terri, and I love the colours of the light on the clouds. I think I'd be inclined to chop off more of the bottom dark section. I tried it, and my eye then snaps right to the sunset and the clouds without being pulled by the dark section with no detail. Just a thought...

8. Hi Terri, I would use a non-conventional crop and rmove 1/2 of the dark area on the bottom. I like this shot and think you processing on it is about right.

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like this, and I don't think the processing is overdone. I do think there's a little too much black/empty space at the bottom of the frame. Cropping the image to a semi-panoramic aspect ratio would make it an even strong image IMHO. With some image cropped off the bottom I don't think the rest of the image would be too dark, though.

10. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Terri,

Yes, it completely works. Nice job!

James

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for the suggestions. Cropping off part of the foreground does improve the image.